Daily News - January 19, 2018
Justin K. Aller/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Simply put, this stuff has to stop
Author: Bill Livingston
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- What do you suppose the Cleveland Cavaliers did at halftime of a victory that felt like a loss Thursday night at The Q? It was a grotesque, night-and-day, Jekyll and Hyde, excellent and execrable one-point escape from the sad-sack Orlando Magic.
AReflect on their own magnificence?
Debate whether the half-loaf that is supposed to be better than none is enough to satisfy disgruntled home fans and allow them to loaf on defense for the rest of the game? - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue is upset with his players, even if he won't say it: Cavaliers-Magic rewind
Author: Joe Vardon
Lue 'can't remember'. Tyronn Lue doesn’t like to rip his players in public.
Also, his new thing this season when he doesn’t want to answer a question is to say, instead, “I can’t remember.”
So, after the Cavaliers fumbled away a 23-point lead to the lowly Orlando Magic, coughed up 27 points on turnovers and narrowly won against the East's worst team, Lue was asked if he was upset with his players. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love's role starting to dwindle with Isaiah Thomas' return
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Shortly after the Cleveland Cavaliers' one-point win against the Orlando Magic Thursday night, Kevin Love went back onto the court to get extra shots up inside the otherwise vacated arena.
He needed the extra work. After all, he didn't get enough touches on Thursday night. And for Love and the Cavs, that's becoming a familiar refrain. At least, since Isaiah Thomas' debut against the Portland Trail Blazers in early January.
Just last month, Love was enjoying one of his best stretches since joining the Cavaliers in 2014. He was flourishing as the second option while starting to get more comfortable playing center, a position he initially disliked. In 13 December games, he averaged 22.2 points on an efficient 48.5 percent from the field and a blistering 46.2 percent from 3-point range to go with 10.1 rebounds in 29.7 minutes. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/19) LeBron James making All-Star picks 'to win'; Stephen Curry may choose all guards Cleveland.com
- (1/19) Cavaliers' 104-103 win over Orlando anything but magical Cleveland.com
- (1/19) LeBron James gets most NBA All-Star votes, earns right to pick teams in playground draft Cleveland.com
- (1/19) LeBron James wants to wait until Saturday to join 30,000-point club so his sons can be there Cleveland.com
- (1/19) By the Numbers: How the West Was Won Cavs.com
- (1/19) Cavs Hold Off Magic Rally, Snap Skid at Four Cavs.com
- (1/19) Marla’s 38 shots from beyond the arc on ‘Strugglesville,’ second-half letdowns and LeBron’s All-Star pick strategy Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/19) LeBron James leads All-Star fan voting, to serve as captain opposite Stephen Curry Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/19) Cavaliers 104, Magic 103: Season-high 21 points by Isaiah Thomas help save Cavs from ugly loss Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/19) Cavaliers report: LeBron James willing to wait one more game for 30,000 career points so his children can witness the milestone Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/19) Cavs blow big lead, hang on to beat Magic, 104-103 News-Herald
- (1/19) LeBron James, Stephen Curry are captains, to draft NBA All-Star Game teams News-Herald
- (1/19) Cavs win after letting 23-point lead slip away Medina-Gazette
- (1/19) Cavs: In their usual January swoon, LeBron and Co. being questioned again Medina-Gazette
- (1/19) Final Thoughts: An ugly win provides brief shelter from the Cavs' storm The Athletic
- (1/19) Cavaliers hold off Magic 104-103 Lake County Sentinel
- (1/19) Cavs Can’t Use Magic To Make Their Troubles Disappear Despite 104-103 Win 92.3 The Fan
- (1/19) LeBron James Wins All-Star Voting, Will Captain Squad Against Steph Curry In Los Angeles 92.3 The Fan
- (1/19) Dribbles: Escape job doesn’t solve Cavs’ ills Amico Hoops
- (1/19) Love actually: Cavs must take his usage to heart Amico Hoops
- (1/19) It’s a reach, but call it a Cavaliers win Amico Hoops
- (1/19) LeBron James, Steph Curry named captains as All-Star starters are revealed NBA.com
- (1/19) LeBron James, Stephen Curry voted as captains for NBA All-Star Game ESPN.com
- (1/19) Ten Questions for the Cavs as the NBA Trade Deadline Approaches SI.com
- (1/19) On verge of exclusive 30,000-point club, LeBron James reluctant to view himself as a scorer USA Today
- (1/19) LeBron James Picking All-Stars 'To Win'; Stephen Curry Might Take All Guards Bleacher Report
- (1/19) NBA Power Rankings: LeBron James, Cavaliers' Free Fall Continues Bleacher Report
- (1/19) 2018 NBA All-Star Game: Who Will LeBron James, Steph Curry Draft as Starters? Bleacher Report
- (1/19) Magic lose heartbreaker to Cavaliers 104-103 Orlando Sentinel
- (1/19) NBA G League Preview: Charge at BayHawks Canton Repository