Daily News - January 12, 2018
Jordan Johnson/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
The Cavaliers need to move defense to the top of whatever is on their agendas
Author: Bud Shaw
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavs loss to Toronto is the first time LeBron James has dropped consecutive games by at least 25 points.
This note is brought to you by ESPN Stats and Information and also comes compliment of the Raptors, who were were playing without Kyle Lowery and Serge Ibaka.
Their absence only allowed for Fred VanVleet, Jakob Poeltl, Norman Powell and Pascal Siakam to do what they do best - which, until Thursday night, wasn't nearly so apparent. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue suggests personal agendas hurting Cavaliers, but who does he mean?
Author: Joe Vardon
TORONTO -- Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said if his players "have agendas, we've got to get rid of our agendas and play the right way."
His remark was at the end of his press conference following the Cavs' worst loss of the season, a 133-99 loss to the Toronto Raptors, which followed the previous, worst loss of the season -- a 28-point blowout by the Timberwolves on Monday.
Lue wouldn't say definitively whether he thought that was the problem, that personal agendas were the root of his team's total lack of competitiveness these last two games. But it was obviously on his mind. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James' blow up on bench in Toronto was with Phil Handy, not Kevin Love
Author: Joe Vardon
TORONTO -- The argument between LeBron James and Cavaliers assistant coach Phil Handy captured by TNT cameras stemmed from James essentially telling him to butt out from the players holding themselves accountable for poor play.
The Cavs were well on their way to getting embarrassed by the Toronto Raptors, 133-99, when Pascal Siakam blew past Kevin Love and dunked late in the second quarter.
Coach Tyronn Lue took timeout, and on the way to the bench, according to sources, James was ripping into Love for the play. Love agreed with James, but by the time they got to the bench, Handy started into the players. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/12) Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers, Game 42 preview and listings Cleveland.com
- (1/12) Cleveland Cavaliers have history working against them in quest for another NBA championship Cleveland.com
- (1/12) Cavaliers messy at season's midpoint, lose 133-99 to Raptors Cleveland.com
- (1/12) Ante Zizic may stay longer with Canton Charge, John Holland to resume playing soon Cleveland.com
- (1/12) Tyronn Lue says Cavaliers are better foul-shooting team because LeBron James improved Cleveland.com
- (1/12) LeBron James now leading All-Star voting, passes Giannis Antetokounmpo Cleveland.com
- (1/12) Cavs' Road Woes Continue in Toronto Cavs.com
- (1/12) Raptors 133, Cavaliers 99: Cavs find themselves in dire straits at season’s midpoint as miserable road string continues Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/12) Marla’s 38 shots from beyond the arc on agendas, accountability and Cavs’ 'fragile' state Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/12) Cavaliers notebook: With ‘too many sneakers to sell,’ LeBron James can’t envision retirement Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/12) Cavaliers suffer worst loss of season, 133-99, to Raptors News-Herald
- (1/12) Final Thoughts: Cavs reach season's halfway point discussing agendas, fragility and losing streaks The Athletic
- (1/12) Jae Crowder knows why he has struggled since joining the Cavs, but he still hasn't figured out how to fix it The Athletic
- (1/12) Final Score: Cleveland Cavaliers fall to the Toronto Raptors 133-99 Fear the Sword
- (1/12) Dribbles: Fragile Cavs look more lost than ever Amico Hoops
- (1/12) GM Altman must save Cavs’ season Amico Hoops
- (1/12) McCormack: Cavs’ only agenda should be looking in mirror Amico Hoops
- (1/12) LeBron James admits Cavs 'in a funk' after another blowout loss ESPN.com
- (1/12) Raptors have no problems with slumping Cavaliers, even without Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka ESPN.com
- (1/12) The Early Returns on Isaiah Thomas's Return SI.com
- (1/12) Can the Cavaliers pull themselves out of their latest mid-season slump? USA Today
- (1/12) DeMar DeRozan knows Cavaliers will want to avenge Raptors rout USA Today
- (1/12) LeBron James on retiring: My kids will be a 'deciding factor in how long I want to play' USA Today
- (1/12) 'I Got to Figure Things Out': When Will Isaiah Thomas Mesh with Cavs Starters? Bleacher Report
- (1/12) DeMar DeRozan, Raptors Destroy LeBron James, Cavaliers 133-99 Bleacher Report
- (1/12) The Raptors just smoked the Cavaliers, but whatever it means will be lost come playoff time Washington Post
- (1/12) Raptors give LeBron, Cavaliers taste of their own medicine Toronto Sun
- (1/12) NBA G League preview: Canton Charge vs. Northern Arizona Suns at Showcase Canton Repository