Daily News - February 7, 2018
Fernando Medina/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Isaiah Thomas said Cavaliers go 'separate ways' in loss to Magic: Game 52 rewind
Author: Joe Vardon
Larry Drew said Tyronn Lue thought he’d return to the bench during the game when he left in the second quarter.
“I just know that he said he wasn’t feeling well and that he was going to go to the back for a second and that he was going to be back,” said Drew, who took Lue’s place on the bench. “My guess is this was about seven, eight minutes to go in that second quarter. And obviously he did not return in the second half, so I guess he just wasn’t feeling well enough to back out in the second half. The main thing is we just want him to get well.”
This is the second time Lue has missed a game in less than two months due to an unexplained illness. Drew said he didn’t know if he or Lue would coach against the Timberwolves Wednesday. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers 2018: Behold the bottom! Hapless Orlando wins in rout
Author: Bill Livingston
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Stick a harpoon in the Cleveland Cavaliers. They're done. A fork isn't big enough for the debacle this season has become.
Nor will a pitchfork do, although it might be a useful complement to a torch in the hands of fans in pursuit of a team that won't even try.
Think about paying NBA prices Wednesday night for the Minnesota Timberwolves game at The Q, only to see another disgrace such as the half-baked, half-gamed, half-(posterior-ed) shambles of Tuesday night in Orlando. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James, Dan Gilbert must talk to stabilize Cleveland Cavaliers
Author: Terry Pluto
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Let's talk.
That's what has to happen with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
It starts with owner Dan Gilbert.
He needs to say those two words to LeBron James -- "Let's talk." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (2/7) Cleveland Cavaliers should listen to Isaiah Thomas Cleveland.com
- (2/7) LeBron James: 'I'll never waive my no-trade clause' as he commits to Cavaliers for this season Cleveland.com
- (2/7) Cavaliers can't find bottom, fall 116-98 to Magic and lose Tyronn Lue Cleveland.com
- (2/7) Cleveland Cavaliers still in the mix for DeAndre Jordan and George Hill: NBA Trade Rumors Cleveland.com
- (2/7) Magic Rally Past Cool-Shooting Cavs in Second Half Cavs.com
- (2/7) Magic 116, Cavaliers 98: Coach Tyronn Lue forced to leave game as Cavs blow 21-point second-quarter lead Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/7) Marla’s 36 shots from beyond the arc on ‘snatched’ souls, lack of adjustments and LeBron’s no-trade clause Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/7) Changes to traffic pattern, parking due to arena transformation begin with Wednesday’s Cavaliers game Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/7) Cavs collapse, lose to Magic 116-98 News-Herald
- (2/7) Final Thoughts: Cavs still searching for bottom, but LeBron James will 'never' waive his no-trade clause The Athletic
- (2/7) As tensions mount, the distance between LeBron James and the Cavaliers is growing The Athletic
- (2/7) LeBron James Says He Will Not Waive No Trade Clause ‘I’m Here For The Long Haul’ 92.3 The Fan
- (2/7) Dribbles: Clash of egos costing crumbling Cavs Amico Hoops
- (2/7) LeBron James says he owes it to teammates to finish season with Cavs ESPN
- (2/7) Cavs won't use coach Tyronn Lue's illness as excuse for loss ESPN
- (2/7) LeBron's Cavs haven't hit rock bottom yet, but they got damn close in Orlandos Yahoo Sports
- (2/7) 10 Trade Packages to Save LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Bleacher Report