Daily News - February 4, 2018
Joe Murphy/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers 'at a loss for words' following another blowout loss
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- LeBron James stood in front of his locker following the Cleveland Cavaliers' latest embarrassing loss, peppered with questions about everything -- effort, trust, the trade deadline and his teammates' work ethic.
Only James didn't have many answers. No one really does at this point.
"I'm lost for words, actually," James said following the 120-88 loss against Houston. "Going 0-8 on national television. They should take us off every nationally televised game for the rest of the season. We haven't played good ball and we get our butts kicked every time we play on national television, so I'm at a loss for words." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Did the Cleveland Cavaliers even try against the Rockets, or are they just this bad?
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Did the Cavaliers even try on Saturday?
"Don't look like it. We didn't have no fight," coach Tyronn Lue said.
Rockets 120, Cavs 88. Houston drained 19 3s and led by as many as 35. They were up 26 at halftime and by as many as 14 in the first quarter. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Time to blow up the Cavaliers after 120-88 loss to Houston Rockets?
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sat in his usual baseline seat near his team's basket for much of the first half of this latest debacle.
He was gone before the halftime buzzer sounded, before the Houston Rockets' lead was up to 26, and before the Cavs were soundly booed off the floor.
Gilbert never returned to his chair in the Rockets' 120-88 win Saturday. Would you? - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (2/4) Kevin Love's choice word for his bad luck after second serious injury in as many seasons costs him NBA All-Star appearance Cleveland.com
- (2/4) J.R. Smith's strategy to guard James Harden: 'Hope he misses' Cleveland.com
- (2/4) Jeff Green honored by support from physically-challenged fan in Argentina Cleveland.com
- (2/4) Rockets Cruise Past Cavs at The Q Cavs.com
- (2/4) Marla’s 43 shots from beyond the arc on coach Tyronn Lue being safe, Cavs’ lack of toughness and time for change Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/4) Rockets 120, Cavaliers 88: Cavs continue embarrassing prime-time performances as Rockets tie 3-point record Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/4) Cavaliers report: Kevin Love chalks it up to bad luck as broken hand sidelines him for third time Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/4) Cavs must be bold at trading deadline to get back to Finals News-Herald
- (2/4) Rockets blast Cavs, 120-88 News-Herald
- (2/4) Kevin Love says he’s still down about broken left hand News-Herald
- (2/4) National disgrace: Cavaliers missing effort, shooting, defense against Rockets, suffer another blowout loss on national TV Chronicle-Telegram
- (2/4) Jim Ingraham: Doing nothing to fix roster is not an option for reeling Cavaliers Chronicle-Telegram
- (2/4) Final Thoughts: The Cavs quit Saturday night; it wasn't the first time it happened this season The Athletic
- (2/4) Cavaliers obliterated by Rockets 120-88 Lake County Sentinel
- (2/4) Blastoff: Cavs Effort On National TV Questioned In 120-88 Rockets Rout 92.3 The Fan
- (2/4) Dribbles: Changes needed, and fast, for unwatchable Cavs Amico Hoops
- (2/4) 5 Quick Takes: For Cavaliers, it’s from bad to worse Amico Hoops
- (2/4) Chris Paul shines in Rockets rout of Cavaliers, Isaiah Thomas ESPN.com
- (2/4) Ty Lue: Cavs' 'mindset needs to change' after latest blowout loss ESPN.com
- (2/4) Despite struggles, Cavs official says team 'not firing our head coach' ESPN.com
- (2/4) Rockets easily defeat Cavaliers after leading by as many as 35 points ESPN.com
- (2/4) Kevin Love on missing time, All-Star Game with injury: 'I can't believe it' ESPN.com