Daily News - February 28, 2018
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
George Hill's pregame chat with Tyronn Lue leads to breakout game with Cavaliers
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- George Hill's first five games with his new team didn't go as expected, struggling to find his place within the offense, not providing the usual defensive impact and watching his normally reliable outside shot clang off the rim repeatedly.
But following Sunday's dud against San Antonio, a game in which Hill scored just two points and missed six of his seven shots, teammates and coaches kept encouraging him, not wanting Hill to deviate from the style that made him one of the Cleveland Cavaliers' primary trade targets in early February.
That urging, along with a pregame chat with head coach Tyronn Lue about how to best attack the Nets' defense, led to Hill's biggest game of the season. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
The likes of LeBron James have never been seen before
Author: Bill Livingston
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Never have triple-doubles seemed so deceptively effortless.
Never has completion of the basketball triathlon of shooting, jumping and passing, as measured in total points, rebounds and assists, seemed both so remarkable and so inevitable.
LeBron James is 33 and in his 15th NBA season, approaching what has long been considered the last gleaming of an athlete's prime time. The only question remaining for him is how close can he come to the unreachable star?
The league has never seen a player like James before, as he, not particularly modestly, but factually, observed after the Cleveland Cavaliers' 129-123 victory over Brooklyn at The Q on Tuesday night. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue, Cavaliers learning what they have: Inside Cavs-Nets
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers have talked a lot about process and practice lately, about learning on the fly and figuring it out as they go with four new rotation players added early this month.
In the Cavs' 129-123 win over Brooklyn Tuesday, here's what the new guys did:
George Hill scored a season high 26 points, including two foul shots with 13 seconds left for a four-point lead.
Rodney Hood scored 11 of his 14 points in the fourth quarter, including a clutch jumper and free throw with 40.2 seconds left. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (2/28) Why Cleveland Cavaliers believe Jordan Clarkson's early 3-point success is not a mirage Cleveland.com
- (2/28) LeBron James says 'it's pretty cool' to be first in NBA history with 30K points, 8K rebounds, and 8K assists Cleveland.com
- (2/28) Cavaliers finish off Brooklyn 129-123, improve draft pick, and LeBron completes triple double February Cleveland.com
- (2/28) Tyronn Lue, Cavaliers players to tell Cleveland children Wednesday it's OK to dream Cleveland.com
- (2/28) LeBron James-backed Blaze Pizza is going global Cleveland.com
- (2/28) LeBron James: #PhillyWantsLeBron billboards in Cleveland 'very flattering, not a distraction' Cleveland.com
- (2/28) Cleveland Cavaliers identify, ban fan indefinitely after racial slur toward Spurs' Patty Mills Cleveland.com
- (2/28) Hood's Heroics Leads Cavs Past Pesky Nets Cavs.com
- (2/28) Marla’s 46 shots from beyond the arc on LeBron’s milestones, newcomers’ heroics and an opponent’s respect Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/28) Cavaliers 129, Nets 123: A night of milestones for LeBron James as Cavs escape pesky Nets Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/28) Cavaliers notebook: LeBron James calls NCAA ‘corrupt,’ has plan for farm system for those who want to skip college Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/28) Coach Tyronn Lue, Larry Nance Jr. to take part in Cavs’ event Wednesday that hopes to inspire kids to dream Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/28) James leads Cavaliers past Nets, 129-123 News-Herald
- (2/28) LeBron James flattered by Philly fans’ free-agency fawning News-Herald
- (2/28) Fantastic February: LeBron James averages triple-double for the month, needs another to help Cavaliers hold off pesky Nets Medina-Gazette
- (2/28) LeBron describes NCAA as corrupt organization in pre-game remarks Medina-Gazette
- (2/28) Final Thoughts: LeBron James making late push in MVP race after historic month The Athletic
- (2/28) Cavaliers cut down the Nets 129-123 Lake County Sentinel
- (2/28) Three Best Supporting Cavaliers Help Leading Man In His Historic Night 92.3 The Fan
- (2/28) LeBron Slams ‘Corrupt’ NCAA, Is Brainstorming Better Futures Of NBA Prospects 92.3 The Fan
- (2/28) Dribbles: LeBron, newbies stick with it when it counts Amico Hoops
- (2/28) LeBron creates a statistical category all his own to close out historic month ESPN.com
- (2/28) LeBron flattered by billboards asking him to join 76ers ESPN.com
- (2/28) LeBron James calls NCAA 'corrupt' in wake of scandals ESPN.com
- (2/28) LeBron James becomes first player ever to reach 30K points, 8K rebounds, 8K assists Yahoo Sports
- (2/28) LeBron James-Backed Pizza Chain to Expand Outside North America Bloomberg
- (2/28) LeBron James Talks Being 1st Player to Have 30K Points, 8K Rebounds, 8K Assists Bleacher Report