Daily News - February 23, 2018
Adam Glanzman/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Tyronn Lue: Cavaliers' loss against Wizards a 'learning experience,' team still figuring out offense
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue recently compared the first practice following the All-Star break to an in-season training camp, as he attempts to get four new players up to speed while dealing with a grueling portion of the schedule.
Perhaps school would be a more apropos comparison, especially given how much Lue is teaching nowadays.
Thursday night -- the Cavs' first game since a resounding win against title-contending Oklahoma City -- was another lesson, as they lost for the first time since the trade deadline roster shakeup.
Typically, the losses have been dotted with defensive breakdowns, late rotations and bad closeouts. Not this time. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Larry Nance Jr.: Entering Cavaliers home game for first time 'one of coolest moments in my life'
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Larry Nance Jr. has had a handful of memorable moments during his brief NBA career.
Being drafted in the first round by the Los Angeles Lakers. His first NBA basket, a 20-foot jumper against the Brooklyn Nets in early November during the 2015-16 season. Receiving an invite to participate in the 2018 Slam Dunk Contest, where he emulated his father with a special dunk while wearing his father's old Phoenix Suns jersey. Getting traded to his hometown team, a move that general manager Koby Altman said nearly brought Nance Jr. to tears.
He can now add another: The 1:52 mark of the first quarter Thursday night.
That's when Nance Jr. entered for the first time as a member of the Cavaliers in front of the home fans, subbing out Tristan Thompson while receiving a deafening and chilling ovation. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Even after loss, LeBron James feels new Cavaliers 'can be really good'
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- LeBron James is headed in the right direction and believes the Cavaliers are traveling the same path.
James posted his third game out of five of 30 or more points Thursday night in Cleveland's 110-103 loss to the Washington Wizards, finishing with 32 points, nine rebounds, and eight assists.
James is averaging (you'd probably guess) 30.4 points over his last five contests, with 9.4 rebounds and 12 assists, and is shooting .583 from the field and .423 from 3-point range.
This was the first time in those five games that the Cavs lost -- their first defeat since George Hill, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson, and Larry Nance Jr., joined the team in trades Feb. 8. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (2/23) New Cavaliers' honeymoon over after 110-103 loss to Washington Cleveland.com
- (2/23) Larry Nance Jr. to wear his father's No. 22 for Cavaliers after all Cleveland.com
- (2/23) Cavaliers signed Marcus Thornton as 'reward' for G League play, may be quiet in buyout market Cleveland.com
- (2/23) George Hill: 'It's a blessing' to play for Cleveland Cavaliers, have chance at championship again Cleveland.com
- (2/23) Wizards Pull Away, Snap Cavs Four-Game Run Cavs.com
- (2/23) Marla’s 35 shots from beyond the arc on woe from 3, LeBron’s optimism and untied shoes Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/23) Wizards top Cavaliers 110-103 to spoil homecoming of Larry Nance Jr. Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/23) Larry Nance Jr. makes home Cavaliers debut in front of happy family Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/23) Cavaliers notebook: Larry Nance Jr. to wear father’s retired No. 22 starting next week Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/23) Wizards 110, Cavaliers 103: Pre-break momentum halted as Cavs go cold from long range Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/23) Wizards hold off James’ rally, beat Cavs, 110-103 News-Herald
- (2/23) Larry Nance Jr. honored to carry on Cavaliers family tradition News-Herald
- (2/23) Wizards 110, Cavaliers 103: LeBron James gets little help from new teammates as winning streak ends Chronicle-Telegram
- (2/23) Final Thoughts: LeBron James pleased with Cavs' direction; missed shots can't spoil a peaceful locker room The Athletic
- (2/23) Cavaliers fall to Wizards 110-103 Lake County Sentinel
- (2/23) LeBron Scores 32 But Wizards End Cavs Win Streak, 110-103 92.3 The Fan
- (2/23) Cavs In Line To Be Awarded An NBA All-Star Weekend, Possibly In 2022 92.3 The Fan
- (2/23) NBA To Allow Larry Nance Jr. To Wear Dad’s Retired No. 22 With Cavs 92.3 The Fan
- (2/23) Dribbles: Reality hits Cavs, and that’s to be expected Amico Hoops
- (2/23) Upbeat LeBron not at a loss after loss Amico Hoops
- (2/23) Will Gilbert give James a no-trade clause this summer? Amico Hoops
- (2/23) For most Cleveland sports teams, the outlook is good Cleveland Jewish News
- (2/23) Cavaliers' Larry Nance Jr. to switch from No. 24 to his dad's retired No. 22 starting next week ESPN.com
- (2/23) LeBron James Says He 'Re-Focused' Before Cavs Shuffled Roster at Trade Deadline Bleacher Report
- (2/23) Cavs Say 'Whole Team' Is LeBron's Best Sidekick Now, but Who Is It Really? Bleacher Report
- (2/23) LeBron James Reportedly Questioned Koby Altman's Absence on Cavs Road Trip Bleacher Report