Daily News - January 4, 2018
Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers roll over in Boston, lose 102-88 to the Celtics
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON -- Isaiah Thomas' first game against the Celtics since they traded him has to wait until February.
But Jae Crowder's return to TD Garden proceeded as planned Wednesday and it didn't go so well for him or virtually any other Cavalier.
The Celtics smoked Cleveland 102-88 on the first of a five-game road trip. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love, Jae Crowder, Kyle Korver, Brad Stevens: Cavaliers-Celtics rewins
Author: Joe Vardon
Love's ankle better than his game.
Kevin Love said he shouldn’t miss Saturday’s game because of the ankle injury he sustained Wednesday.
Love said he rolled his ankle after blocking Al Horford’s shot in the second quarter. He taped it at halftime but it just didn’t respond in the third quarter. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James: The Boston Celtics were 'a threat last year'
Author: Joe Vardon
BOSTON -- LeBron James said he "always" worries about other teams in the East.
Even though he's taken the Miami Heat and now the Cavs to seven consecutive Finals.
"Of course" he's always worried about the next challenger, he said, including the Boston Celtics, who trounced Cleveland 102-88 on Wednesday. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/4) Isaiah Thomas, Danny Ainge resolve their difference via text Cleveland.com
- (1/4) Jae Crowder on his return to Boston: 'I'm ready to get the win, not into all that hoopla' Cleveland.com
- (1/4) Stingy Celts Stymie Cavs in Garden Rematch Cavs.com
- (1/4) By the Numbers: Casting a Spell Cavs.com
- (1/4) Marla’s 39 shots from beyond the arc on the Celtics’ threat in the East, guarding LeBron and where’s Vince Carter? Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/4) Celtics 102, Cavaliers 88: Listless Cavs appear to be waiting for Isaiah Thomas as road woes continue Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/4) Cavaliers notebook: Isaiah Thomas gets over anger after trade, says relationship with Danny Ainge ‘all good’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/4) Rozier scores 20, leads Celtics to 102-88 win over Cavaliers News-Herald
- (1/4) Final Thoughts: Another round of ovations for Isaiah Thomas, another ugly loss for the slumping Cavaliers The Athletic
- (1/4) Let The I.T. Era Begin: While We’re Waiting Waiting For Next Year
- (1/4) Dribbles: Cavs bend, but hardly feel broken Amico Hoops
- (1/4) For Cavs, all goes thud in loss to Celtics Amico Hoops
- (1/4) Wade sees IT feeling right at home with Cavs Amico Hoops
- (1/4) Cavaliers in annual rut as they try to straighten themselves out ESPN.com
- (1/4) Isaiah Thomas cheered by Boston fans, says he's 'good' with Danny Ainge ESPN.com
- (1/4) Terry Rozier leads balanced attack as Celtics drub listless Cavaliers ESPN.com
- (1/4) Isaiah Thomas solves plenty of Cavs’ problems, but not biggest one NY Post
- (1/4) Cavaliers-Celtics Rivalry Remains in Wait-And-See Mode Sports Illustrated
- (1/4) Isaiah Thomas will make a lot of wide open three-pointers for Cavaliers Hoops Hype
- (1/4) Borges: Isaiah Thomas shows his love for Danny Ainge, Celtics and city Boston Herald
- (1/4) Terry Rozier leads offense as Celtics dominate Cavaliers Boston Herald
- (1/4) Bulpett: After tough loss to Celtics, LeBron James plays it cool Boston Herald
- (1/4) Isaiah Thomas earned — and deserves — your adulation Boston Globe
- (1/4) Enough nostalgia; Celtics rout Cavaliers for signature win Boston Globe
- (1/4) Isaiah Thomas discusses text message he received from Danny Ainge Boston Globe
- (1/4) Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics roll over Cleveland Cavaliers, 102-88 Mass Live