Daily News - December 26, 2017
Noah Graham/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder: Cavaliers-Warriors review
Author: Joe Vardon
No Steph, no decisions. Here’s what LeBron James and Tyronn Lue thought of the renewal of this Cavs-Warriors rivalry on Christmas.
“It was a feel out,” James said. “It was a great game, I think, for our fans and for both teams to see where they are but both teams are missing very, very key pieces obviously. The game was great. I think it was pretty good for the fans. I know it wasn’t as efficient as our fans would have loved to see but we looked for a competitive game and we gave that.”
The biggest pieces missing were two-time MVP Stephen Curry for the Warriors and two-time All-Star Isaiah Thomas for the Cavs. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love said 'I didn't have a bad Finals' against Warriors, but admits he's better off at center
Author: Joe Vardon
OAKLAND, Calif. -- If the entire Cavaliers' season is to be viewed through the prism of how much ground they've closed on the Golden State Warriors, then one glaring positive takeaway from the Christmas loss was the play of Kevin Love.
Love scored 31 and grabbed a season-high 18 rebounds in Cleveland's 99-92 loss to the Warriors.
This was the first time in the rivalry that Love played exclusively at center -- where he's been for almost all of this season. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers' revamped bench makes Christmas Day showdown against Warriors look like NBA Finals
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- One year ago Kyrie Irving delivered a game-winning jumper to beat the Golden State Warriors, another signature moment for him in the league's best rivalry and a Christmas gift to all Clevelanders.
A Warriors nuisance, Irving is no longer around. He's in Boston now, helping lead the Celtics to the Eastern Conference's second-best record.
The trade-off for the Cavs: increased depth. That was supposed to help them better match the Warriors, whose "Strength in Numbers" mentality was simply too overwhelming in June. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/26) Warriors lock down Cavaliers on Christmas, win 99-92 Cleveland.com
- (12/26) Steve Kerr says LeBron James is doing something Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, and other greats couldn't Cleveland.com
- (12/26) Cool-Shooting Cavs Fall on Christmas in Oakland Cavs.com
- (12/26) Cavaliers notebook: Jae Crowder’s physical style looks like a fit for Cavs-Warriors matchup Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/26) Warriors 99, Cavaliers 92: Points in the paint, fast-break issues plague Cavs in rugged renewal of rivalry Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/26) Former Cavaliers coach Lenny Wilkens to give 2018 King Day lecture in Akron Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/26) Warriors hold off Cavs, 99-92, in Christmas Day headliner News-Herald
- (12/26) Kevin Durant on Cavaliers' minds: Todays game stirs memories of 2017 Finals and big shot Warrior hit News-Herald
- (12/26) Final Thoughts: Same teams, same problems for Cavs against Warriors The Athletic
- (12/26) Kevin Love is quietly having his best season yet in Cleveland Fear The Sword
- (12/26) Despite loss, Cavs receive stamps of approval Amico Hoops
- (12/26) Fair or foul? KD, Warriors continue to frustrate Cavs Amico Hoops
- (12/26) An exam, yes, but not a Final(s) for Cavs Amico Hoops
- (12/26) LeBron James vs. Kevin Durant matchup is unrivaled in today’s NBA The Undefeated
- (12/26) Jeff Green is flourishing as a Cleveland Cavalier The Undefeated
- (12/26) Did LeBron, Steph Curry or Kevin Durant win 2017? ESPN.com
- (12/26) LeBron James, Kevin Durant offer differing takes on late no-call ESPN.com
- (12/26) LeBron James, Cavs Have More Problems Against Warriors Than Late No-Calls SI.com
- (12/26) Warriors stuff Cavs' comeback attempt, earn Christmas Day victory USA Today
- (12/26) Steve Kerr marvels at LeBron James’ ability to reverse the clock San Jose Mercury News
- (12/26) How Warriors hustle on Christmas Day led to win over Cleveland San Jose Mercury News
- (12/26) Kevin Durant outduels LeBron James as Warriors hold off Cavs San Francisco Chronicle
- (12/26) After this Christmas Day win over LeBron James, the Warriors are ready to shift gears The Athletic
- (12/26) Five observations from the Warriors' 99-92 Christmas win over the Cavaliers The Athletic
- (12/26) The twilight of Kendrick Perkins: 13-year veteran playing in Canton for one last shot at an NBA roster Akron Beacon Journal