Daily News - December 1, 2017
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers rookie Cedi Osman 'cold blooded' and 'not scared' after latest win
Author: Joe Vardon
ATLANTA -- Cedi Osman's numbers in the box score won't jump out at you.
Osman, the 22-year-old rookie, scored five points with four rebounds in 11 minutes of Cleveland's 121-114 win against Atlanta on Thursday night.
Dig a little, though, and you see the 11:17 he logged was the second-most minutes he's played in his fledgling NBA career, and the most in a game that was close. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love validating Tyronn Lue's decision to move him to center
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- When Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue decided to move Kevin Love to center, removing Tristan Thompson from the starting lineup, it raised a few eyebrows.
Beyond Love's obvious apprehension, the swap seemed to be a shift away from the defense-first approach Lue spoke about all off-season. But the Cavaliers' 10-game winning streak helps highlight Lue's thinking. The win against the Atlanta Hawks Thursday night drove that home even more.
Love finished with a team-high 25 points on 7-of-16 from the field and 4-of-9 from 3-point range to go with 16 rebounds and eight more free throws. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James guarded Dennis Schroder, Hawks with beautiful mind
Author: Joe Vardon
ATLANTA -- LeBron James said he guarded Dennis Schroder with his brain.
James was assigned to blanket the Atlanta Hawks' shifty point guard in the second half of the Cavs' 121-114 win on Thursday night, and that's more or less what happened.
Schroder scored 17 of his 27 points in the first half, including 11 in the second quarter on a 3-pointer and four consecutive layups. He shot 3-of-7 with James guarding him on virtually all possessions, and one of Schroder's buckets came while James was on the other side of the court. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/1) Tyronn Lue's halftime changes key Cavaliers' 121-114 win over Hawks Cleveland.com
- (12/1) Iman Shumpert to undergo surgery on ailing left knee Cleveland.com
- (12/1) Cavaliers eye next week for Tristan Thompson's return Cleveland.com
- (12/1) Cavs Pull Away Late for 10th Straight Cavs.com
- (12/1) Marla’s 38 shots from beyond the arc on LeBron vs. Schroder, a ‘cold-blooded’ rookie and saving Firestone’s tournament Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/1) Cavaliers 121, Hawks 114: Kevin Love, LeBron James lead Cavs to 10th win in a row Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/1) Cavaliers notebook: Iman Shumpert to undergo arthroscopic surgery on left knee Friday Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/1) James, Love power Cavs past Hawks, 121-114 News-Herald
- (12/1) Cavs commentary: LeBron not getting enough calls from officials Medina-Gazette
- (12/1) Ohio Insider: Despite career year shooting, don't expect to see LeBron James in 3-point shootout during All-Star weekend The Athletic
- (12/1) Final Thoughts: What is the key to the Cavs' defensive improvement? It might be as simple as giving LeBron James something to do The Athletic
- (12/1) Life after Flash The Athletic
- (12/1) Dribbles: LeBron gets defensive; Cavs still streaking Amico Hoops
- (12/1) Cavs should monitor George situation in OKC Amico Hoops
- (12/1) Latest: Cavaliers, Wade, Nuggets, Lonzo Amico Hoops
- (12/1) Cavs' 10-game win streak longest since '15-16 championship season ESPN.com
- (12/1) Iman Shumpert to have left knee surgery, could miss 6-8 weeks ESPN.com
- (12/1) NBA wrap: Cavaliers overcome Hawks for 10th straight win Sporting News
- (12/1) LeBron James: Opening school is my most important professional accomplishment USA Today
- (12/1) LeBron's MVP Path Is Clear as Ever Bleacher Report
- (12/1) NBA Power Rankings: James Harden, Chris Paul Have Houston Rockets Rolling Bleacher Report
- (12/1) Ten observations from Hawks loss to Cavs Atlanta Journal Constitution