Daily News - July 28, 2017
Nathaniel S. Butler - NBAE/Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers view Derrick Rose as 'great off-the-bench backup point guard'
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Derrick Rose signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers was a decision brought about by Rose, who wanted a chance to chase an NBA championship and perhaps revive his career after teams showed little interest during the early portion of free agency.
While Koby Altman patted himself on the back for inking a former MVP on his first official day as full-time general manager, even Altman is keenly aware that Rose isn't that player anymore. That's one of the reasons Altman used a specific label when discussing the signing.
"We signed Derrick Rose, who will be a great off-the-bench backup point guard," Altman said. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James, Derrick Rose and Eric Bledsoe among those working out together in Las Vegas
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- LeBron James and his newest former MVP teammate Derrick Rose are working out together in Las Vegas, sources told cleveland.com
The workouts are actually being run by Cavaliers assistant coach Damon Jones and two player development staffers. Cavs coach Tyronn Lue attended Thursday's session at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas.
But these aren't Cavalier-centric workouts. Also present are current MVP Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City), Chris Paul (Houston), and Eric Bledsoe (Phoenix). - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Was Dan Gilbert serious about Kyrie Irving coming to Cavaliers' training camp? 'Hey, Joe!'
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- Do you have a Cavs question that you’d like to have answered in Hey, Joe? Submit it here or tweet @joevardon. But, it may be a while before you see an answer in print, as this will likely be the final mailbag column until training camp nears (it opens with Media Day Sept. 25, and the first practice is the next day).
As you might've expected, there are some Kyrie Irving and Derrick Rose questions, as well as an interesting item on James Jones and dialogue he had with the Cavs to work in their front office instead of with Phoenix.
Kyrie at training camp? – Jeff - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (7/28) Lloyd: Rookie GM, disgruntled star leaves Cavs feeling like 2010 all over again The Athletic
- (7/28) Dan Gilbert's news conference didn't give us much, but that should've been expected Crain’s Cleveland
- (7/28) New Cavaliers GM Koby Altman has his work cut out for him The Undefeated
- (7/28) After Kyrie Irving trade ask, LeBron denies talking to Suns ESPN.com
- (7/28) Teams want Kyrie Irving, the question is, 'How much?' ESPN.com
- (7/28) Warriors' Kevin Durant hopes Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving finds happiness 'wherever that is' ESPN.com
- (7/28) As Kyrie Irving Trade Rumors Swirl, Cavs Carefully Align With LeBron James SI.com
- (7/28) 5 Moves Cleveland Cavaliers Can Make Before 2017-18 Season Bleacher Report
- (7/28) The Real-Life Diet of Iman Shumpert GQ