NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2016 – The Chicago Bulls once again are one of the most popular teams in the NBA, ranking second in team merchandise sales. The defending NBA Champion Golden State Warriors retained top honors on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise lists. Results are based on NBAStore.com sales from October 2015 through December 2015 and reflect a record-breaking holiday shopping season. NBAStore.com had its largest Black Friday (Nov. 27) and Cyber Monday (Nov. 30) in history, with combined sales up 20 percent from the previous year.
Rounding out the top five players are the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James (No. 2), the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (No. 3), the New York Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis (No. 4), who earned a spot on the list for the first time after a sensational start to his rookie year, and the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant (No. 5).
Following the Warriors and Bulls, the Cavaliers came in at No. 3, the Lakers at No. 4 and the Knicks at No. 5.
- The Bulls’ Jimmy Butler makes his debut on the list at No. 10.
- Bryant jumps three positions from the latest list (June 2015) to No. 3, while Durant and Thunder teammate Russell Westbrook each move up six spots to Nos. 5 and 7, respectively.
- Two-time NBA All-Star Paul George of the Indiana Pacers earns his highest ranking ever at No. 12.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler, Chicago Bulls
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
- Paul George, Indiana Pacers
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
- Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers
- Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
- Golden State Warriors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Los Angeles Lakers
- New York Knicks
- San Antonio Spurs
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics
- L.A. Clippers