Bulls post record-setting ratings on Comcast SportsNet
Ratings up 45% compared to the ’10-’11 season at the All-Star break; Top 3 highest-rated regular season Bulls telecasts in Comcast SportsNet history have occurred this season; ‘Bulls Post Game Live’ ratings continue to rise
Chicago, IL (February 23, 2012) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the NBA Central Division first place Chicago Bulls, posted record-setting television ratings for the 2011-12 NBA season at the All-Star break, which have resulted in solid increases in household and all key demo ratings categories. In addition, the top three highest-rated regular season Bulls telecasts in Comcast SportsNet history have already occurred this season. Plus - Comcast SportsNet’s Kia Bulls Post Game Live has also enjoyed a solid year-to-year ratings increase.
Comcast SportsNet’s game telecast ratings for the Chicago Bulls this season are currently averaging a 5.92 household rating at the All-Star break (approx. 206,815 households watching per game) -- a 45% increase compared to last season’s 4.09 average at the All-Star break, which is an increase of over 63,000 more households tuning per game this season compared a year ago. The 5.92 average is also Comcast SportsNet’s highest-ever Bulls average to date at the All-Star break. Note the following additional Bulls ratings highlights on Comcast SportsNet so far this season:
• The Top 3 highest-rated regular season Bulls games in Comcast SportsNet Chicago history (network launched in October of 2004) have already occurred within the first 19 telecasts of this season:
1) 8.73 – Bulls vs. IND (1/25/12)
2) 7.66 – Bulls vs. ATL (1/3/12)
3) 7.54 – Bulls at DET (1/4/12)
• The 8.73 household record rating for the Bulls match-up vs. Indiana on January 25 was the #1 highest-rated regular season game – for any team – in Comcast SportsNet history, eclipsing the previous record of an 8.30 rating for the Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers telecast from July 28, 2008. This particular game also gave the network its all-time, highest-rated Bulls regular season game rating in the key advertising demo category of Adults 25-54 (5.13).
• Already this season, ten Bulls telecasts on Comcast SportsNet have averaged “at least a 6.0 household rating”… in 42 total regular season telecasts last season, only one game averaged at least a 6.0 rating.
• Already this season, 15 out of the 19 Bulls total telecasts have averaged “at least a 5.0 household rating”…last season, Comcast SportsNet also delivered 15 games with at least a 5.0 household rating, but that was reached in 42 total regular season telecasts.
• Comcast SportsNet has also experienced massive year-to-year ratings increases in every key advertiser demo category, including Adults 25-54 (3.3 avg., up 74% from last season’s 1.9 avg. at the All-Star break).
• In addition, Comcast SportsNet’s Kia Bulls Post Game Live ratings are currently up 38% compared to last season at the All-Star break.
Comcast SportsNet’s next two Bulls telecasts take place on Tuesday, February 28 vs. New Orleans (live coverage begins at 6:30 p.m.) & Wednesday, February 29 at San Antonio (live coverage begins at 7:30 p.m.).