October 26, 2015 - The Chicago Bulls will welcome fans back to the United Center on Tuesday, October 27 with special entertainment celebrating the team’s 50th season and first 2015-16 regular season home game. The team will host the Cleveland Cavaliers with gates opening at 5:00 p.m. Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early to enjoy new arena amenities and pre-game activities.
The United Center recently began a major construction project and implemented new security procedures at each gate that might affect fans’ usual routines. Guests are now required to walk through metal detectors at all gates, which reflects a new leaguewide policy that everyone who enters a NBA arena must pass through metal detectors. This revised procedure has replaced wanding at the entrances. A Visitor’s Guide (https://www.unitedcenter.com/venue/visitors-guide/) has been added to the United Center’s website that features the most up-to-date information related to guest parking, the box office and security, among other information. Fans attending games should plan accordingly for travel to the arena and allow extra time to enter the building.
Arriving Early / Concourse Activities
Fans can enjoy these special deals taking place between 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- All food and non-alcoholic beverages at concourse concession stands will be 50% off. Big Star, located near Section 114 and Section 231, will also be offering complimentary samples.
- All regularly priced merchandise in The Bull Market located outside Section 117 will be 20% off.
- 50 lucky fans will receive a “Golden Ticket” in their game card (distributed at the gates) redeemable for fun prizes, including Scottie Pippen autographed Chicago Stadium floor pieces, Derrick Rose autographed pictures, spa and restaurant gift cards, team merchandise, 50th season prize packs, and an 8-day 7-night stay for two (2) at the Grand Luxxe Vidanta Resort in Mexico, and more.
- The six NBA World Championship trophies will be on special display for fan photo opportunities with Toni Kukoc, Special Advisor to the President and COO of the Chicago Bulls, Bulls Ambassador Bob Love, Benny the Bull and the Luvabulls outside Section 120-121.
- The 100 level seating sections will be open until 6:15 p.m. for fans to watch player shoot-around.
50th Season Celebrations
As part of the team’s 50th season, a golden theme will be incorporated into several interior and exterior elements of the arena on October 27, including the outside LED video boards, concourse, scoreboard graphics, digital signage, and a special halftime performance showcasing new arena technology with Benny the Bull, the Luvabulls and other members of Bulls Entertainment.
The Bulls are also launching a series of four new 2015-16 50th-season television spots in conjunction with the start of the regular season. The award-winning BullsTV department collaborated with and co-produced the features with The Mill, an international visual effects and creative content studio with offices in Chicago. John Paxson, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Chicago Bulls, narrates the lead spot entitled “Good as Gold”, which highlights 50 years of Chicago Bulls basketball. Two additional spots have also been released and feature current and vintage footage that show that while styles may have changed over the decades, the players’ passion for the game of basketball and the Bulls’ continued pursuit of excellence remain steadfast. The final spot of the campaign will air later in the season. Bulls fans can view the first three new spots by visiting: https://www.nba.com/bulls/2015-16-tv-spots-chicago-basketball-golden
A new History section of Bulls.com has also launched today and will be updated throughout the year. The site chronicles each year of the team and features legendary player profiles, team facts, photo galleries, and much more. Fans can view the new site by visiting https://bulls.com/history.
New In-Game Features
At Tuesday night’s matchup, the Bulls will unveil new 3-D projection technology that will add to the fan’s in-game experience. This new addition builds on new in-game production elements that were introduced last season with the new iteration of the “Running of the Bulls” video. The Bulls, in conjunction with the Blackhawks, have installed a new, permanently installed projection system from Dangers, Inc., that will create an immersive fan experience turning the team’s court into a 3-D video screen. The projection system will be used for all Bulls pre-game player introductions and select halftime performances this season. The intro video and projection experience is presented by Magellan and the starting lineup is presented by First Alert.
Tickets for every Chicago Bulls home game can be purchased through Bulls.com, NBATickets.com, 1-800-4NBA-TIX, the United Center and Ticketmaster. For a schedule and more information, visit Bulls.com/tickets or download the Bulls mobile app.