Chicago Bulls Kids Talent Search Promotion
PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS WITHIN A 75 MILE RADIUS OF THE UNITED CENTER LOCATED AT 1901 W MADISON ST, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS WHO ARE 5 TO 14 YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED WITHIN THE 75 MILE RADIUS.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SPONSOR: Jewel-Osco, 150 Pierce Road, Suite 400 Itasca, IL 60143 (“Sponsor”).
ADMINISTRATOR: Chicago Bulls 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 (“Administrator”).
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with youtube, Facebook or .mov file. All questions, comments, or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to the Administrator. By entering this promotion, you understand that you are providing your information to Chicago Bulls and agencies acting on its behalf with regard to this promotion, and not to youtube, Facebook or .mov file. The information you provide will only be used in the administration of the promotion on youtube, Facebook or .mov file, unless you opt-in for further communications from Administrator or Sponsor.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 am ET on December 1, 2013, and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on March 03, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, submit a ninety (90) second musical performance video demo via youtube, Facebook or .mov file via email to enter. The performance must be a popular song that would be recognizable to Bulls fans, or an otherwise impressive song that shows the performer’s speed, range and talent. Limit one (1) entry per person or per Facebook account for the duration of the promotion. Entries submitted from any person or Facebook account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Administrator and will not be returned or verified. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated or mechanical means or that subverts the entry process will be void.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents residing within a 75 mile radius of the United Center located at 1901 W Madison St, Chicago, Illinois who are 5 to 14 years of age at time of entry, except for employees of Jewel-Osco, youtube, Facebook, .mov file, Chicago Professional Sports Limited Partnership, Chicago Bulls Limited Partnership, CBLS Corp., the National Basketball Association, its member teams, their affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), individuals engaged in the development, production, printing, or distribution of promotion materials, and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Potential winners will be selected by the Administrator in its sole discretion during the Promotional Period, from among all eligible entries received. Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters. Chances of winning depend upon number and content of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email or phone. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Administrator’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Administrator’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
5. TALENT SEARCH COMPETITION: Twelve (12) winners will be selected to perform during a preliminary talent search competition during halftime at a Bulls home game played at the United Center during the 2013-2014 regular season (three (3) winners will compete against one another at each of four (4) different Bulls games to be scheduled by Administrator in its sole discretion). One (1) winner will be selected from each of the four (4) preliminary talent search competitions to compete in the final talent search competition to win the Grand Prize. The winner of each preliminary talent search competition will be selected by Administrator based on audience applause as measured by Administrator’s sound meter.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) $1,000 education IRA, courtesy of Sponsor. ARV of the Grand Prize: $1,000. Grand Prize consists of only the item specifically listed as the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Grand Prize (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value.
Four (4) Secondary Prize Packages: One (1) $250 Jewel-Osco gift card (ARV $250.00), three (3) tickets to a Bulls home game played at the United Center during the 2013-2014 regular season (ARV $114.00), and the opportunity to perform winner’s song during the final talent search competition at such Bulls game. Total ARV of each Secondary Prize Package is $364.00 and of all Secondary Prize Packages is $1,456.00. Game date to be selected by the Bulls in its sole discretion. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as the prize. Winner is responsible for all other costs associated with the prize (e.g., food, beverage and transportation). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value.
Twelve (12) Participating Prize Packages: One (1) Bulls merchandise prize pack (ARV $50.00), three (3) tickets to a Bulls home game played at the United Center during the 2013-2014 regular season (ARV $114.00), and the opportunity to perform winner’s song during the preliminary talent search competition at such Bulls game. Total ARV of each Participating Prize Package is $164.00 and of all Participating Prize Packages is $1,968.00. Game date to be selected by the Bulls in its sole discretion. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as the prize. Winner is responsible for all other costs associated with the prize (e.g., food, beverage and transportation). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value.
No substitutions or transfers of prizes are permitted by the winners, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household, except that the winner of the Grand Prize will also receive a Secondary and Participating Prize Package and the other winners of the Secondary Prize Package will also receive a Participating Prize Package. All taxes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the above prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: All prize winners consent to the use of their submissions, including their names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further compensation, where permitted by law. All entrants release Sponsor, Administrator, youtube, Facebook, .mov file, The National Basketball Association and its member teams, Chicago Professional Sports Limited Partnership, Chicago Bulls Limited Partnership, CBLS Corp., BSV Limited Partnership and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this promotion (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this promotion and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, death or monetary loss. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this promotion. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or late, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this promotion.
8. GENERAL RULES: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, illegible, unreadable, late, delayed or misdirected mail or email or other communications, or for any error in the printing or interpretation of the promotion, the administration of the promotion, or in any announcement of the winners or prizes. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 6. No cash substitutions for prizes will be permitted and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion, in its entirety or in part, should tampering, unauthorized intervention, counterfeiting, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion, to be acting in violation of the Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after July 1, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Chicago Bulls “Chicago Bulls Kids Talent Search” Promotion, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612. Requests must be received by June 1, 2014.
ABBREVIATED RULES: Promotion open to legal residents within a 75 mile radius of the United Center located at 1901 W Madison St, Chicago, Illinois. 5 to 14 years of age. Promotion begins at 12:00 am ET on December 1, 2013, and ends at 11:59 pm ET on March 03, 2014. To enter: submit a 90-second musical performance video demo via youtube, Facebook or .mov file via email. The performance must be a popular song that would be recognizable to Bulls fans, or an impressive song that shows the performer’s speed, range and talent. For rules and full prize details, go to https://Bulls.com/talentsearch. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Jewel-Osco, 150 Pierce Road, Suite 400 Itasca, IL 60143.