2021-22 Milwaukee Bucks Foundation 50/50 Raffle Official Rules
(1) Eligibility: The 2021-22 Milwaukee Bucks Foundation 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) is open to all ticket holders (except as excluded below) at Milwaukee Bucks home games who: (i) are (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry; (ii) are physically present at Fiserv Forum (the “Arena”) to purchase ticket(s); and (iii) provide valid government-issued identification. By purchasing a Raffle ticket, the entrant agrees to abide by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules applicable thereto subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Only one (1) Winner (defined below) per drawing.
For purposes of these Official Rules, Milwaukee Bucks, LLC (“MBL”) (owner and operator of the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) franchise known as the Milwaukee Bucks (the “Bucks”)), Milwaukee Bucks Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”), and the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., (collectively the “NBA Entities”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees or agents, marketing agencies, and their immediate families (all together, the “Released Parties”), are not eligible to enter or win. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
(2) The Raffle: The Raffle is a drawing whereby tickets are sold throughout the Arena during all Bucks home games. Each Raffle begins when the Arena gates open and ends at the beginning of the third quarter of such game (each a “Raffle Period”). During a break in play in the third quarter of each such Bucks home game, the winning ticket will be announced, and one (1) lucky fan will take home half of the net proceeds from the day’s Raffle ticket sales (the “Prize”). The other half will go to the Foundation in support of nonprofits that provide quality programming in the areas of youth education, youth health and wellness, and community betterment. Late entries will not be eligible for the Raffle. The Foundation is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries.
(3) Entry: You may enter the Raffle, if you meet the eligibility requirements in Section 1 above, by agreeing to follow these Official Rules, and purchasing Raffle ticket(s). Each Raffle ticket costs $2. You may purchase a minimum of one (1) Raffle ticket from the Raffle staff located throughout the Arena. There is no maximum amount of Raffle tickets that may be purchased.
(4) Prizewinner Drawing: The Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Raffle tickets purchased during each Raffle Period. One (1) Raffle ticket will be randomly drawn immediately after each Raffle Period, and the winning number on such Raffle ticket will be announced at the end of the third quarter. Odds of winning are based on the total number of Raffle tickets purchased in each Raffle Period.
(5) Claiming Prize: The entrant in possession of the Raffle ticket with the winning number (the “Winner”) will have until the seven (7) minute mark (7:00) on the game clock in the fourth quarter to claim his/her prize at the Season Ticket Membership Lounge (outside Section 103 of the main concourse of the Arena). If no one claims the prize by the seven (7) minute mark (7:00) during the 4th quarter, another ticket will be drawn and announced at the next break in play after the seven (7) minute mark (7:00) of the fourth quarter, and such new Winner has until the end of the fourth quarter to claim his/her prize. If no one claims the prize by the end of the fourth quarter, Raffle ticket(s) will be drawn until the prize is awarded. The Winner can also call the Raffle hotline (414-908-2002) for more information. The designated Raffle ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming the prize. A Raffle ticket will be void and a prize not paid/redeemed if there is proof that the ticket was stolen, unissued, ineligible, altered, and counterfeit in whole or in part, defective, printed in duplicate, or printed/produced in error.
The Foundation is not responsible for any lost or stolen Raffle tickets.
(6) Raffle Prize: The cash prize is determined by calculating half of the net proceeds from each individual game’s Raffle sales. The remaining fifty percent (50%) will benefit the Foundation, MBL’s charitable foundation. Cash prizes will be paid to the winner by check within thirty (30) days from the game. Applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. All winners will be required to provide the Foundation with his/her social security number and a photo ID. Federal income tax withholding will be required for any prizes of more than $5,000. The Raffle prize is non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person including relatives or friends. Any attempt to transfer, assign or sell the Raffle prize without the express written consent of the Foundation may result in a forfeiture of the Sweepstakes prize at the Foundation’s sole discretion.
All applicable U.S., federal, state, and local taxes, duties, or other taxes or fees are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form for any awarded cash prize.
(7) Release: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the rules of this Raffle and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Raffle, rule interpretation or award of prize shall be submitted to the Foundation, whose decision shall be binding and final. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of the prize, participation in any Raffle-related activity, or participation in the Raffle.
The Foundation is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Raffle or in the announcement of prizes, including erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize, and under no circumstances will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If for any reason the Foundation is prevented from continuing with this Raffle, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Raffle is severely undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike (including, but not limited to, by NBA players, owners or referees), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, the Foundation shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Raffle without further obligation, except in the event the Raffle is cancelled or terminated, all entrants will be fully refunded, if applicable. If the Foundation in its discretion elects to so abbreviate the Raffle, the Foundation will award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date. All entries are the property of the Foundation and are not returnable.
(8) Publicity Release: In consideration for accepting the prize, prizewinner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of prizewinner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Released Parties except where prohibited by law.
(9) Raffle Administration & Marketing: Subject to entrant’s consent, entrant understands that the Foundation and MBL may use entrant’s information (including e-mail address) for marketing purposes and to provide entrant with information about the Foundation, the Bucks or its sponsor’s products, services and special offers and entrant expressly consents to the use of entrant’s information for such purposes.
(10) Disputes/Choice of Law: This Raffle shall be exclusively governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS RAFFLE OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS SITUATED IN MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN, (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) NO PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, MAY BE AWARDED (COLLECTIVELY, “SPECIAL DAMAGES”), AND (4) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM SPECIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE SUCH DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. WISCONSIN LAW, WITHOUT REFERENCE TO CHOICE OF LAW RULES, GOVERNS THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL ASPECTS RELATED THERETO. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR ANY RELATED ENTITY BE LIABLE TO FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT IN THE RAFFLE.
(11) Winner’s List: A list of the Winners and winning raffle ticket numbers can be found online at www.nba.com/bucks/foundation.
(12) RAFFLE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.