2019 Hoops on the Hop Playoff Sweepstakes Official RULES
No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning.
(1) Eligibility: The 2019 “Hoops on The Hop” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Wisconsin who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of the Milwaukee Bucks, LLC (“MBL”) (owner and operator of the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) franchise known as the Milwaukee Bucks (the “Bucks”), the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., (collectively the “NBA Entities”); and of 2-Story Creative, LLC, The Hop, The City of Milwaukee, and Transdev North America, Inc., (collectively the “Streetcar Entities”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees or agents, marketing agencies, and their immediate families (all together, the “Released Parties”), are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
(2) How to Enter: Share a post of a photo or video with the Hop Streetcar visible on a public Instagram or Twitter account (each, a “Social Media Site”) that includes “#HoopsOnTheHop #Sweepstakes” in the post’s caption (each, a “Submission”). To enter, you must have a valid Social Media Site account. If you do not have a valid Social Media Site account, you may sign up for free by visiting the Social Media Site’s main homepage, or by downloading the Social Media Site application on your mobile device and following the enrollment instructions. Late entries will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes. MBL is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries. Limited to one (1) entry per Social Media Site account. Any individual who attempts to enter in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to using multiple accounts, will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with the Streetcar Entities nor with Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) or Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), which own and operate the Social Media Sites. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants understand that they are providing their information to MBL and not to each Social Media Site.
(3) SWEEPSTAKES TERMS OF SUBMISSION: By entering a Submission, each entrant:
A. Warrants and represents that the entrant is at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry in the Sweepstakes;
B. Warrants and represents that the entrant owns all rights to the Submission he/she is entering in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any photographs;
C. Warrants and represents that the entrant is the individual pictured in the Submission, if applicable, or, alternatively, that the entrant has obtained permission from each person who appears in the Submission to grant the rights to the Released Parties described in these rules, and can make written copies of such permissions available to the Released Parties upon request;
D. Warrants and represents that his/her Submission: (a) is original to the entrant and has been legally obtained and created, (b) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, regulations, or network standards; (c) has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and (d) has not been published previously in any medium;
E. Irrevocably grants to the Released Parties, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to copyright (as appropriate), reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the entrant's name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material and Submission, including, but not limited to, the photographic, video or digital recording and performances contained in any of the above items (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Released Parties, in the Released Parties' sole discretion) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party;
F. Acknowledges and agrees that, if entrant's Submission is chosen as a winner, the entrant (and others who appear in Submission) will, if required, execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, in which the winner will irrevocably assign and transfer to the Bucks any and all rights, title and interest in the Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and waive all moral rights in that Submission;
G. Forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Released Parties' use of the entrant's Submission or require the entrant's permission for the Released Parties to use them for any purpose, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Released Parties' use of those materials; and
H. Agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Released Parties, Twitter and Facebook harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Released Parties, Twitter and/or Facebook due to or arising out of the entrant's Submission, or the entrant's conduct or participation during and in connection with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation.
(4) Sweepstakes Term: The Sweepstakes will commence on April 12, 2019 at 10am CT, and end at 11:59 pm CT on the earlier of (i) June 16, 2019; or (ii) the day of the last Bucks playoff game played during the 2018-19 NBA season (the “Sweepstakes Term”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Central Time on such day.
(5) Prizewinner(s) Selection: Eight (8) prizewinners will be chosen randomly from all eligible entries received at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Term. In the event a prizewinner cannot be contacted or declines the prize, another prizewinner will be selected from the same entries based on the same criteria set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Chances of winning are based on number of eligible entries received.
Prizewinners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of prize(s). Failure to return signed Affidavit of Release within seven (7) days may result in forfeiture of prize.
(6) Sweepstakes Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Eight (8) winners will each be awarded one (1) $100 Milwaukee Bucks Gift Card. The ARV of each prize is $100. The Sweepstakes prize is non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person including relatives or friends. Any attempt to transfer, assign or sell the Sweepstakes prize without the express written consent of MBL may result in a forfeiture of the Sweepstakes prize at MBL’s sole discretion.
All applicable U.S., federal, state, and local taxes, duties, or other taxes or fees are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form for the ARV of any awarded prize. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. The prize is not redeemable for cash. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed except as determined by MBL, in its sole discretion. Game ticket locations awarded as prizes herein are subject to availability and determined by MBL at its sole discretion. Times, dates and locations herein, including of Bucks games, are subject to change and cancellation outside of MBL’s control or at MBL’s sole discretion. If Bucks games are canceled, suspended, not completed or not played for any reason, MBL has no further obligation to the prizewinner to replace or substitute games. Bucks tickets awarded as a prize herein may not be resold without the express written consent of MBL.
(7) Release: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation or award of prize shall be submitted to MBL, whose decision shall be binding and final. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, Twitter and Facebook from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes.
MBL is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize, and under no circumstances will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If for any reason MBL is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike (including, but not limited to, by NBA players, owners or referees), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, MBL shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation. If MBL in its discretion elects to so abbreviate the Sweepstakes, MBL reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date. All entries are the property of MBL and are not returnable.
The use of any automated devices in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited. MBL assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections, whether human, technical or otherwise in nature. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, MBL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. MBL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Sweepstakes. MBL is not responsible for any injury or damage to any person’s computer or related equipment resulting from or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any material related to this Sweepstakes. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized holder of the identified e-mail account.
(8) Publicity Release: In consideration for accepting the prize, prizewinner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of prizewinner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Released Parties except where prohibited by law.
(10) Disputes/Choice of Law: This Sweepstakes shall be exclusively governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Milwaukee, WISCONSIN, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Wisconsin law, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
(11) Winner’s List: To obtain a list of prizewinner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2019 Hoops on The Hop Playoff Sweepstakes, Milwaukee Bucks, 1543 N. 2nd Street, Floor 6, Milwaukee, WI 53212. Request must be received within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Term.
(12) Sponsor: Milwaukee Bucks, LLC, 1543 N. 2nd Street, 6th Floor, Milwaukee WI 53212.
(13) Social Media Sites: Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. and Instagram is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
(14) SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.