Don't miss your pup’s chance to compete for the biggest treat this Halloween in the Milwaukee Bucks Halloweenies halftime race on October 29, 2022 during the Milwaukee Bucks home game.
A minimum of 10 dogs will be chosen for the first ever Milwaukee Bucks Halloweenie Halftime competition.
All selected participants will receive two tickets to the Milwaukee Bucks game on Saturday, October 29th. Additionally, the winner of the race will receive the coveted golden bone and the name of first ever champion of the Halloweenie Race.
Deadline for entry is Thursday, October 13th at 5PM. Read the Official Rules thoroughly prior to filling out the entry form below. Also, note that Dachshunds must be pure bred but AKC registration is not required. All participants must be able to provide a copy of vaccination prior to participation in the race.
Ready? Enter Now.
2022 Milwaukee Bucks Halloweenies Contest
(1) No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
(2) Eligibility: The 2022 Milwaukee Bucks Halloweenies Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Wisconsin who are, at the time of entry, eighteen (18) years of age or older and are the legal owner of a Dachshund dog (each, a “Dog”). All Dogs must have complete and current vaccinations, including for rabies, parvo, bordatella, and DHLP (distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, para influenza) in order to be eligible for the Contest. Employees of Milwaukee Bucks, LLC (“MBL”) (owner and operator of the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) franchise known as the Milwaukee Bucks (the “Bucks”), the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. (collectively, the “NBA Entities”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees, agents, marketing agencies, and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) (all together, the “Released Parties”), are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
(3) How to Enter: During the Contest Term (defined below), an eligible entrant may enter by going to bucks.com/halloweenies and clicking on the banners, buttons, and/or links to access the online entry form for the Contest. By successfully transmitting a completed entry form and submitting one (1) photograph of your Dog during the Contest Term (defined below) as directed, you will automatically receive one (1) entry in the Contest (each, a “Submission”). Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the online entry form to be eligible. By submitting one (1) Submission, each entrant:
A. Warrants and represents that the entrant owns all rights to the Submission it is entering in this Contest, including, without limitation, any photographs and/or videos;
B. Warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained permission from each person who appears in the Submission to grant the rights to the Released Parties described in these rules, and can make written copies of such permissions available to the Released Parties upon request;
C. Warrants and represents that the Submission: (i) is original to the entrant and has been legally obtained and created, (ii) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, regulations, or network standards; (iii) has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and (iv) has not been published previously in any medium;
D. Irrevocably grants to the Released Parties, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to copyright (as appropriate), reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (including, without limitation, as to when or to the number of times used), the entrant’s name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material and Submission, including, but not limited to, the photographic, video or digital recording and performances contained in any of the above items (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Released Parties, in the Released Parties' sole discretion) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party;
E. Acknowledges and agrees that, if entrant’s Submission is chosen as the winner, the entrant (and others who appear in Submission) will, if required, execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, in which the winning entrant will irrevocably assign and transfer to MBL any and all rights, title and interest in the Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and waive all moral rights in that Submission;
F. Forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Released Parties' use of the entrant's Submission or require the entrant's permission for the Released Parties to use them for any purpose, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Released Parties' use of those materials; and
G. Agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Released Parties due to or arising out of the entrant's Submission in this Contest, or the entrant's conduct or participation during and in connection with this Contest, including, but not limited to, trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation.
Submissions cannot defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary or intellectual rights. Submissions cannot contain illegal or unlawful material, and must not promote bigotry, racism, harm or discrimination. Submissions must be consistent with MBL’s reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of all ages. Submissions which, in MBL’s sole discretion, contain any type of vulgarity or objectionable content will be disqualified. Submissions that do not meet these stated criteria, or entries that, in MBL’s sole discretion, may technically meet the stated criteria but do not reflect the intent and the spirit of the Contest, will be disqualified.
(4) Contest Term: The Contest will commence on October 6, 2022 at 4:00pm Central Time and will end on October 13, 2022 at 3:00pm Central Time (the “Contest Term”). All online entries must be received by 3:00pm Central Time on October 13, 2022.
(5) Prizewinner(s) Selection: On or about October 17, 2022 (“Drawing Date”), ten (10) potential prizewinners will be chosen by MBL employees selected by MBL based on the following criteria: 50% creativity of submission, 25% cuteness, and 25% costume creativity and/or execution, as determined by MBL in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, the higher score for creativity of submission will be used as the tiebreak. Such potential prizewinners will be notified by phone and/or email, as determined by MBL in its sole discretion, within seven (7) days after the Drawing Date (“Prize Notification”). The potential prizewinners will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of issuance of Prize Notification to respond to the Prize Notification (the “Required Response Time”). In the event that any potential prizewinner does not respond to the Prize Notification within the Required Response Time, declines the Prize (defined below) or any portion thereof for any reason, or the Prize Notification is labeled as undeliverable, a disqualification will result, the Prize will be forfeited and, at MBL’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential prizewinner(s) may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Term. Chances of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Term.
The potential prizewinners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of a Prize. Failure to return a signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days may result in forfeiture of such Prize. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, each potential prizewinner will be declared an official prizewinner of the Contest (collectively, “Winners”). The decisions of MBL are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
(6) Contest Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Ten (10) Winners will each receive (a) the opportunity to participate in a race with each Winner’s Dog during halftime of the Milwaukee Bucks regular season home game on October 29, 2022; and (b) two (2) tickets to the Milwaukee Bucks regular season home game on October 29, 2022, the tickets of which will be in a location determined by MBL in its sole discretion, and which may be used for guests of the Winner (collectively, the “Prizes”). No Dogs are permitted in the areas designated for seating inside Fiserv Forum at any time. All Dogs MUST be on a leash at all times while at Fiserv Forum including, but not limited to, in the outdoor plaza. The ARV of each Prize is $50; the ARV if all Prizes are awarded is $500. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person including relatives or friends. Any attempt to transfer, assign, or sell the Prize without the express written consent of MBL may result in forfeiture of the Prize at MBL’s sole discretion. Actual value of autographed items are subject to market fluctuations. No Certificate of Authenticity is provided by Sponsor. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE GAME AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED. The Winners’ guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. MBL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO ANY DOG FOR ANY REASON. All Winners will be required to sign a waiver prior to participating in the halftime race.
All applicable U.S., federal, state, and local taxes, duties, or other taxes or fees are the sole responsibility of the Winner, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form for the ARV of the Prize. The Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the Prize. The Prize is not redeemable for cash. No cash alternative or Prize substitutions will be allowed except as determined by MBL, in its sole discretion. Game ticket locations awarded as part of the Prizes are subject to availability and determined by MBL in its sole discretion. Times, dates, and locations herein, including of Bucks games, are subject to change and cancellation outside of MBL’s control or in MBL’s sole discretion. If Bucks games are canceled, suspended, not completed, or not played for any reason, MBL has no further obligation to the Winner to replace or substitute games.
(7) Release: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to accept and abide by these Official Contest Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of the Contest, rule interpretation, or award of Prize shall be submitted to MBL, whose decision shall be binding and final. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, Twitter, Inc. ("Twitter"), Facebook, Inc. ("Facebook"), Instagram, Inc. ("Instagram"), and Apple, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, or damage to any person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of the Prize (or any portion thereof), participation in any Contest-related activity, including travel related to the receipt or use of any Prize (or any portion thereof), or participation in the Contest.
MBL is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prize, including erroneous appearance of qualification for a Prize, and under no circumstances will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded. If for any reason MBL is prevented from continuing with the Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is severely undermined by any event including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike (including, but not limited to, by NBA players, owners, or referees), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, then MBL shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without any further obligation. If MBL, in its sole discretion, elects to so abbreviate the Contest, MBL reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the Prize from among all eligible entries received to date. All entries are the property of MBL and are not returnable.
The use of any automated devices in connection with the Contest is prohibited. MBL assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software, or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transactions, or network connections, whether human, technical, or otherwise in nature. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, MBL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. MBL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should virus, bugs, or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest. MBL is not responsible for any injury or damage to any person’s computer or related equipment resulting from or relating to participation in the Contest or downloading any material related to the Contest. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential prizewinner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized holder of the identified e-mail account.
(8) Publicity Release: In consideration for accepting a Prize, each Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of such Winner’s, as well as the Winner’s Dog’s, name, photograph, voice, statement, and/or other likeness in any and all advertising, promotions, and/or any other publicity, in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, conducted by the Released Parties, except where prohibited by law.
(10) Disputes/Choice of Law: This Contest shall be exclusively governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with thE CONTEST or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Milwaukee, WISCONSIN, (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Wisconsin law, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
(11) Winners List: For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2022 Milwaukee Bucks Halloweenies Contest, 1543 N. 2nd Street, 6th Floor, Milwaukee WI 53212. Request must be received within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the Contest Term.
(12) Sponsor: Milwaukee Bucks, LLC, 1543 N. 2nd Street, 6th Floor, Milwaukee, WI 53212.
(13) Apple, Inc. is not a sponsor of, or responsible for conducting, any Contest. All entry data provided online is provided to MBL and not to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. TWITTER, TWEET, RETWEET, and the Twitter logo are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates.
(14) CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.