2023-24 Johnson Controls’ Bucks Around the Globe Monthly Sweepstakes Official Rules
(1) No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
(2) Eligibility: The 2023-24 Bucks Around the Globe Monthly Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Wisconsin who are, at the time of entry, eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Milwaukee Bucks, LLC (“MBL”) (owner and operator of the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) franchise known as the Milwaukee Bucks (the “Bucks”), the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. (collectively, the “NBA Entities”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees, agents, marketing agencies, and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) (all together, the “Released Parties”), are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
(3) How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Term (defined below), an eligible entrant may enter by posting a photo of entrant (which may include other individuals subject to the terms and conditions herein) in Bucks apparel on X (f/k/a Twitter), Instagram, or Facebook while using the hashtag #BucksAroundtheGlobe to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes (each such post, a “Submission”). All non-winning eligible entries from the first Drawing Date (defined below) will rollover and remain eligible for all, if any, remaining Drawing Dates.
Submissions to X, Instagram, or Facebook may be available for worldwide viewing on the Internet. Submissions cannot defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary, or intellectual rights. Submissions cannot contain illegal or unlawful material, and must not promote bigotry, racism, harm, or discrimination, or include any (1) pornography, adult-oriented content, or any other sexually-explicit material; (2) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (3) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious, or slanderous materials; (4) content that denigrates, disparages, or reflects negatively on the Released Parties, and their respective owners and employees, the game of basketball, or e-sports; (5) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives, or projectiles; and (6) tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs. Submissions must be consistent with MBL’s reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of all ages. Submissions which, in MBL’s sole discretion, contain any type of vulgarity or objectionable content will be disqualified. Submissions that do not meet these stated criteria, or entries that, in MBL’s sole discretion, may technically meet the stated criteria but do not reflect the intent and the spirit of the Sweepstakes, will be disqualified.
(4) Sweepstakes Term: The Sweepstakes will commence on October 1, 2023 at 12:00am Central Time and will end on March 13, 2024 at 11:59pm Central Time (the “Sweepstakes Term”).
(5) Prizewinners Selection: On or about each drawing date set forth in the table below (each, a “Drawing Date”), one (1) potential prizewinners will be chosen randomly from all eligible entries received as of 11:59pm CT on the day immediately preceding each Drawing Date as set forth in the table below.
|Drawing Date||Number of Winners|
|October 14, 2023||1|
|November 14, 2023||1|
|December 14, 2023||1|
|January 14, 2024||1|
|February 14, 2024||1|
|March 14, 2024||1|
Each potential prizewinner will be notified by phone and/or email, as determined by MBL in its sole discretion, within seven (7) days after the Drawing Date (“Prize Notification”). Each potential prizewinner will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of issuance of Prize Notification to respond to the Prize Notification (the “Required Response Time”). In the event that any potential prizewinner does not respond to the Prize Notification within the Required Response Time, declines a Prize (defined below) or any portion thereof for any reason, or the Prize Notification is labeled as undeliverable, a disqualification will result, such Prize will be forfeited and, at MBL’s sole discretion and time permitting, alternate potential prizewinner(s), as applicable, may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Term. Chances of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing as set forth above. All non-winning eligible entries from the first Drawing Date will rollover and remain eligible for all, if any, remaining Drawing Dates.
Each potential prizewinner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of a Prize. Failure to return a signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days may result in forfeiture of such Prize. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, each potential winner will be declared official winners of the Sweepstakes (each, a “Winner”; collectively, the “Winners”). The decisions of MBL are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
(6) Sweepstakes Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Each Winner will receive (a) one (1) autographed Milwaukee Bucks jersey, as determined by MBL in its sole discretion (“Prize”). The ARV of each Prize is $250.00; the ARV if all Prizes are awarded is $1,500.00. The Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person including relatives or friends. Any attempt to transfer, assign, or sell the Prize without the express written consent of MBL may result in forfeiture of a Prize at MBL’s sole discretion. Actual value of autographed items, if any, are subject to market fluctuations. No Certificate of Authenticity is provided by Sponsor. All items awarded as part of each Prize, including the color, size, edition, brand, and specific player autographing, if any, shall be determined by MBL in its sole discretion.
All applicable U.S., federal, state, and local taxes, duties, or other taxes or fees are the sole responsibility of each Winner, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form for the ARV of such Winner’s Prize. The Prizes consist only of items specifically listed as part of the Prizes. The Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No cash alternative or Prize substitutions will be allowed except as determined by MBL, in its sole discretion. Game ticket locations awarded as part of the Prizes are subject to availability and determined by MBL in its sole discretion. Times, dates, and locations herein, including of Bucks games, are subject to change and cancellation outside of MBL’s control or in MBL’s sole discretion. If Bucks games are canceled, suspended, not completed, or not played for any reason, MBL has no further obligation to a Winner to replace or substitute games.
(7) Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to accept and abide by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of the Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of a Prize shall be submitted to MBL, whose decision shall be binding and final. By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, X Corp., Facebook, Inc. ("Facebook"), Instagram, Inc. ("Instagram"), and Apple, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies from any injury, loss, or damage to any person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of a Prize (or any portion thereof), participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, including travel related to the receipt or use of any Prize (or any portion thereof), or participation in the Sweepstakes.
MBL is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes, including erroneous appearance of qualification for a Prize, and under no circumstances will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded. If for any reason MBL is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike (including, but not limited to, by NBA players, owners, or referees), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, then MBL shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without any further obligation. If MBL, in its sole discretion, elects to so abbreviate the Sweepstakes, MBL reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the Prize(s) from among all eligible entries received to date. All entries are the property of MBL and are not returnable.
The use of any automated devices in connection with the Sweepstakes is prohibited. MBL assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software, or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transactions, or network connections, whether human, technical, or otherwise in nature. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, MBL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. MBL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. MBL is not responsible for any injury or damage to any person’s computer or related equipment resulting from or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any material related to the Sweepstakes. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential prizewinner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized holder of the identified e-mail account.
(8) Publicity Release: In consideration for accepting the Prize, each Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of such Winner’s name, photograph, voice, statement, and/or other likeness in any and all advertising, promotions, and/or any other publicity, in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, conducted by the Released Parties, except where prohibited by law.
(10) Disputes/Choice of Law: This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to principles of conflicts of law. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be settled by final and binding arbitration in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered in such arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with thE SWEEPSTAKES or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Milwaukee, WISCONSIN, (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Wisconsin law, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the SwEEPSTAKES and all aspects related thereto.
(11) Winners’ List: For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2023-24 Bucks Around the Globe Monthly Sweepstakes, 1543 N. 2ND Street, 6th Floor, Milwaukee WI 53212. Request must be received within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Term.
(12) Sponsor: Milwaukee Bucks, LLC, 1543 N. 2nd Street, 6th Floor, Milwaukee, WI 53212.
(13) Apple, Inc. and Johnson Controls, Inc. are not sponsors of, or responsible for conducting, any Sweepstakes. All entry data provided online is provided to MBL and not to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. TWITTER, TWEET, RETWEET, and the Twitter logo are trademarks of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates. (14) SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.