Two-Game Trip To California Ends Thursday Versus Clippers
Coming off consecutive losses to the 76ers and Warriors, the Portland Trail Blazers (3-4) look to get back on the winning side of things Thursday night with a tilt versus the new-look L.A. Clippers at Staples Center. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
ALL TIME: Trail Blazers lead, 147-78
IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 88-24
AT THE CLIPPERS: Trail Blazers lead, 59-54
LAST PORTLAND WIN: 125-104, 3/12/19 (LA Clippers)
LAST CLIPPERS WIN: 104-100, 11/25/18 (Portland)
CURRENT WIN STREAK: Two (Portland)
• Thursday’s game marks the first of three meetings between the Trail Blazers and the Clippers during the 2019-20 season.
• LAST SEASON: Portland won the season series against the LA Clippers in 2018-19, 3-1.
• ON THE MARK: The Clippers (48.0% FG) and the Trail Blazers (46.5% FG) rank second and eighth in the NBA in field goal percentage, respectively. The Trail Blazers are third in the league in three-point accuracy (38.7% 3-PT) while the Clippers are 17th (34.4% 3-PT).
• In four games against the Clippers last season, Damian Lillard averaged 28.5 points (48.8% FG, 45.5% 3-PT, 83.3% FT), 4.0 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 1.25 steals. Lillard has scored 30-plus points in two of his last three games against the Clippers, which represent his only two career games of 30-plus points against the Clippers.
• CJ McCollum averaged 25.8 points (48.1% FG, 48.0% 3-PT, 92.9% FT), 5.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists in four games against the Clippers during the 2018-19 season. McCollum has shot at least 50.0% from the three-point line in six of his last nine games against the Clippers, including each of the last three outings against LA.
• Kawhi Leonard averaged 33.0 points (56.4% FG, 54.5% 3-PT, 88.9% FT), 4.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 2.00 steals in two games against the Trail Blazers with the Raptors during the 2018-19 season. Leonard has scored 30-plus points in three of his last five games against Portland.
• In four games against Portland last season, Montrezl Harrell averaged 17.5 points (58.1% FG, 57.6% FT), 8.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 2.00 blocks and 1.00 steal. Harrell has scored in double figures in six of his seven games against the Trail Blazers with the Clippers.
• CONNECTION: Clippers forward Maurice Harkless played in 274 games (172 starts) for the Trail Blazers from 2015-19, averaging 7.7 points and 3.8 rebounds.
• CONNECTION: Portland center Pau Gasol and Clippers forward Kawhi Leonard were teammates in San Antonio for two seasons from 2016-18.
Power forward/center Zach Collin recently underwent surgery to repair the labrum in his left shoulder. He is out and will be re-evaluated some time in March 2020.
Jusuf Nurkic (left lower leg fracture) and Pau Gasol (left foot fracture) are also out.
Thursday's game will be televised nationally on TNT. There is no local television broadcast. Travis Demers and Michael Holton will have the call on Rip City Radio 620 AM and on all of the stations on the Trail Blazers Radio Network.