Trail Blazers Host Bulls On Black Friday
After taking the Thanksgiving holiday off, the Trail Blazers (7-12) return to the court to host the Chicago Bulls (6-13) in the second game between the two teams in less than a week. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
ALL TIME: Trail Blazers Lead, 64-61
IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 37-25
AT THE BULLS: Bulls lead, 36-27
LAST PORTLAND WIN: 117-94, 11/25/19 (Chicago)
LAST BULLS WIN: 113-88, 11/15/16 (Portland)
CURRENT WIN STREAK: Six (Portland)
• Friday’s game will be the second of two meetings between the Trail Blazers and the Bulls during the 2019-2020 season. Portland leads the season series, 1-0.
• LAST MEETING: The Trail Blazers defeated the Bulls, 117-94, on Nov. 25 in Chicago, representing Portland’s largest win of the season. Portland was led by Carmelo Anthony’s 25 points (10-20 FG, 4-7 3-PT, 1-1 FT), eight rebounds, two assists and one steal, while Zach LaVine paced the Bulls with 18 points (6-13 FG, 1-5 3-PT, 5-7 FT), one rebound, five assists and two steals.
• SIX STRAIGHT: The Trail Blazers have won six straight games against the Bulls. Portland’s longest win streak against Chicago in franchise his-tory is seven games (three times, last 2/7/11 - 11/21/14).
• CJ McCollum finished with 21 points (8-16 FG, 2-7 3-PT, 3-3 FT), three rebounds and four assists against the Bulls on Nov. 25. He has scored 20-plus points in five consecutive games against Chicago. In his last three games against Chicago, McCollum has shot 36-of-55 from the field (65.6% FG).
• Damian Lillard recorded 13 points (4-10 FG, 1-4 3-PT, 4-4 FT), two rebounds, 12 assists and two steals at Chicago on Nov. 25. Lillard has had at least seven assists in five straight games against the Bulls. • Hassan Whiteside had 13 points (6-8 FG, 1-2 FT), 12 rebounds and two blocks in 23 minutes at Chicago on Nov. 25.
• Rodney Hood recorded 16 points (6-11 FG, 1-5 3-PT, 3-4 FT), six rebounds, three assists and one steal against the Bulls on Nov. 25. Hood has scored 14-plus points in eight of his 10 career games against Chicago.
• Zach LaVine recorded 18 points (6-13 FG, 1-5 3-PT, 5-7 FT), five assists and two steals in 30 minutes against the Trail Blazers on Nov. 25. In three games against Portland with Chicago, LaVine has averaged 19.7 points, 1.0 rebound and 3.3 assists.
• Wendell Carter Jr. finished with 12 points (5-8 FG, 2-2 FT), nine rebounds, one assist, one steal and one block against Portland on Nov. 25.
• CONNECTION: Portland forward Nassir Little and Chicago guard Coby White were teammates at North Carolina during the 2018-19 season.
• CONNECTION: Trail Blazers guard Gary Trent Jr. and Bulls center Wendell Carter Jr. were teammates at Duke during the 2017-18 season.
Gary Trent Jr. (right hamstring strain) is probable while Zach Collins (left shoulder dislocation) and Jusuf Nurkic (left leg fracture) are out for Friday’s game.
As for the Bulls, Tomas Satoransky (left toe) and Ryan Arcidiacono (right elbow) are probable while Otto Porter Jr. (left foot), Chandler Hutchison (right shoulder) and Cristiano Felicio (right wrist) are out.
Friday's game can be seen locally on NBC Sports Northwest with Kevin Calabro, Lamar Hurd and Brooke Olzendam calling the action. Travis Demers and Michael Holton will have the call on Rip City Radio 620 AM and on all of the stations on the Trail Blazers Radio Network.