Greetings to those of you sticking out the last days of the Trail Blazers' 2022-23 season. With it being that time of the year again in which every NBA podcast devotes a segment to what Damian Lillard should do, I figured it was time to hear from the man himself, so I sat down with point guard for the latest edition of The Brief Case, which you can listen and subscribe to below...
Over the course of 15 minutes, Dame discusses his main takeaways from the 2022-23 season, returning from injury while reminding people how great he is, what he was heartened and disappointed by this season, how he views his individual performance, his thoughts on why he should be first-team All-NBA, why watching the playoffs puts him in a bad mood, his comments on JJ Redick's podcast about what constitutes success and the reaction to those comments, his issues with the NBA media landscape and what he hopes the team can get accomplished in the offseason. Dame has never been shy about letting it fly, both on and off the court.
And prior to the interview with Dame, topics on this, the 33rd edition, include...
• The Trail Blazers having just seven players available in their loss to the Kings on Wednesday
• Shaedon Sharpe doing something that only Luka Doncic, Kevin Durant and LeBron James had done before
• The remaining schedules of Trail Blazers, Magic, Pacers and Wizards
• Rooting for the Knicks to make the playoffs and avoid the play-in
• Justise Winslow's comments on undergoing season-ending surgery on his left ankle
• Keon Johnson breaking his finger and the Trail Blazers responding by signing Skylar Mays out of the G-League to a 10-day contract
Please consider subscribing to the Brief Case on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, IHeartRadio, Amazon Music, TuneIn, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Pocket Casts, Deezer, PlayerFM. Talk again next week!