Blazers Return Home To Host Defending Champs Before Heading Back Out
After losing a game to the Kings in Sacramento and before heading out for a 11-day, six-game road trip, the Portland Trail Blazers (4-7) return home to host the reigning NBA Champion Toronto Raptors in the second game of a back-to-back Wednesday night at the Moda Center. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
ALL TIME: Trail Blazers lead, 28-17
IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 15-7
AT THE RAPTORS: Trail Blazers lead, 13-10
LAST PORTLAND WIN: 128-122, 12/14/18 (Portland)
LAST RAPTORS WIN: 119-117, 3/1/19 (Toronto)
CURRENT WIN STREAK: One (Toronto)
• Wednesday’s game marks the first of two regular season games between the Trail Blazers and the Raptors during the 2019-20 season.
• LAST SEASON: Portland and Toronto split the season series in 2018-19, 1-1.
• OPPOSING FORCES: The Trail Blazers rank 10th in the NBA in points per game (112.7) while the Raptors allow the 10th-fewest points per game (106.7).
• AT THE LINE: Toronto (83.5% FT) and Portland (81.5% FT) rank third and fifth in the NBA in free throw percentage, respectively.
• In two games against Toronto last season, CJ McCollum averaged 24.5 points (50.0% FG, 56.3% 3-PT, 100% FT), 2.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 2.00 steals. In his last four games against Toronto, McCollum has shot 13-of-27 from the three-point line (48.1% 3-PT).
• Damian Lillard averaged 24.0 points (59.3% FG, 66.7% 3-PT, 90.9% FT), 5.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists in two games against the Raptors during the 2018-19 season. Lillard has scored at least 20 points in 11 consecutive games against the Raptors. His career average of 26.4 points per game against Toronto is his highest scoring average against any Eastern Conference opponent.
• Hassan Whiteside has recorded 11 double-doubles in 16 career games against the Raptors. His career averages against Toronto are 12.5 points and 11.8 rebounds.
• In two games against the Trail Blazers last season, Pascal Siakam averaged 13.0 points (43.8% FG, 50.0% 3-PT, 80.0% FT), 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
• In his lone game against Portland last season, Fred VanVleet recorded 21 points (7-11 FG, 3-5 3-PT, 4-5 FT) to go with four rebounds and eight assists.
• CONNECTION: Toronto center Marc Gasol is the younger brother of Trail Blazers center Pau Gasol.
• CONNECTION: Trail Blazers center Pau Gasol and Raptors guard Kyle Lowry were teammates for one-plus season in Memphis from 2006-08.
The Trail Blazers have yet to release their injury report for Wednesday's game. Rodney Hood (back spasms) was listed as probable for Tuesday's game versus the Kings, though he was a late scratch, making his status . Zach Collins (left shoulder dislocation), Jusuf Nurkic (left lower leg fracture) and Pau Gasol (left foot fracture) are out.
As for the Raptors, OG Anunoby (right eye contusion), Serge Ibaka (sprained right ankle), Kyle Lowry (distal phalanx fracture – left thumb) and Patrick McCaw (Left knee surgery) are out.
Wednesday's game will be shown locally on NBC Sports Northwest with Kevin Calabro, Lamar Hurd and Brooke Olzendam calling the action. Travis Demers and Michael Holton will have the call on Rip City Radio 620 AM and on all of the stations on the Trail Blazers Radio Network.