Get up to speed on the latest NBA news, plus a quick look at stories we'll be following closely today:
1. The season ... it's here at last!: After a 131-day wait since the end of The Finals, we're finally ready to get 2019-20 rolling. The defending-champion Raptors host the Pelicans (8 ET, TNT) to get things started, followed by Lakers-Clippers in the nightcap (10:30 ET, TNT).
It's about time! Basketball is BACK!! 🙌 pic.twitter.com/6bOiH5vjrF— NBA TV (@NBATV) October 22, 2019
2. Ring night in Toronto: Right before tipoff in Toronto, the Raptors will collect their championship rings and hoist their first ever NBA championship banner to the rafters of Scotiabank Arena. Sure to be a special moment for players and fans, and you can watch it live on TNT and TNT Overtime.
3. What now, New Orleans?: News of Zion Williamson's injury was a stunner for the Pelicans, but they must move forward. Scott Kushner of The Times Picayune explains how New Orleans will cope without its rookie star.
4. Still on the mend in L.A.: Tonight's Lakers-Clippers game is the first of four showdowns between the L.A. rivals. This one will be lacking in some star power though, as both Kyle Kuzma (Lakers) and Paul George (Clippers) are out due to injury.
5. Milestones everywhere: With the start of a new season comes the start of a new run on NBA history and the record books. Here are six key stats milestones to watch as we open the 2019-20 season.
6. Still time to catch up: If you're not a Raptors, Pelicans, Lakers or Clippers fan, you'll have to wait a day or two to see your squad. That's OK, because we've got the lowdown on all 30 teams in our Season Preview section. It's everything you need to know about the upcoming NBA season.