NEW YORK – The National Basketball Association (NBA) and National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) today jointly announced that LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers secured the top spots on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise lists. Results are based on NBAStore.com sales since the beginning of the 2018-19 regular season.
The Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry ranked No. 2 on the player list followed by the Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo (No. 3), who secured his highest ranking ever, the Boston Celtics’ Kyrie Irving (No. 4) and the Philadelphia 76ers’ Joel Embiid (No. 5).
On the team merchandise list, the Lakers are followed by the Warriors (No. 2), Celtics (No. 3), 76ers (No. 4) and Bucks (No. 5).
* Embiid (No. 5) earns his highest end-of-season ranking.
* Thirteen-time NBA All-Star Dwyane Wadeconcludes his NBA career at No. 11.
* The Oklahoma City Thunder’s Paul George(No. 12) returns to the season-end list for the first time since 2016.
* Dallas Mavericks’ rookie Luka Doncic completes his rookie season at No. 13.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
2. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
4. Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
5. Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
6. James Harden, Houston Rockets
7. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
8. Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
9. Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
10. Jimmy Butler, Philadelphia 76ers
11. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
12. Paul George, Oklahoma City Thunder
13. Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
14. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
15. Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Boston Celtics
4. Philadelphia 76ers
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. Chicago Bulls
7. Oklahoma City Thunder
8. Houston Rockets
9. Toronto Raptors
10. New York Knicks