POSTED: Jun 24, 2016 2:12 AM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — The long wait to find out which NBA team would be in his future was over in a hurry for Domantas Sabonis.
The sophomore forward from Gonzaga was chosen 11th in the NBA draft Thursday night by the Orlando Magic and by the time he did his first interview a minute or two later, he let the world know he wouldn't be headed to Florida.
Sabonis, the son of Hall of Fame big man Arvydas Sabonis who starred for the Soviet Union, told ESPN that his rights were traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder and the NBA made the trade official about two hours later.
In addition to Sabonis, the Magic sent guard Victor Oladipo and forward Ersan Ilyasova to the Thunder for forward Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City's third star behind Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. With Durant a free agent, Westbrook could find himself without much offensive help in Oklahoma City.
In other trades the NBA officially announced:
- The Los Angeles Clippers traded the rights to freshman center Cheick Diallo of Kansas, the 33rd pick, to the New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to guard David Michineau of France, the 39th pick, and freshman center Diamond Stone of Maryland, the 40th pick.
- The Milwaukee Bucks traded the rights to guard Patrick McCaw of UNLV to the Golden State Warriors for financial considerations.
- The Utah Jazz traded the rights to guard Isaiah Whitehead, the 42nd pick, to the Brooklyn Nets for guard Marcus Paige, the No. 55 pick, and cash considerations.
- The Atlanta Hawks traded the rights to guard Kay Felder, the No. 54 pick, to the Cleveland Cavaliers for cash considerations.
In other trades, none of which were officially announced by the NBA,:
- The Sacramento Kings traded the rights to freshman forward Marquese Chriss of Washington, the eighth overall pick, to the Phoenix Suns for the rights to center Georgios Papagiannis of Greece, the No. 13 pick, the rights to freshman Skal Labissiere of Kentucky, the 28th pick, a 2020 second-round draft pick and the rights to guard Bogdan Bogdanovic.
- The Indiana Pacers traded guard George Hill to the Utah Jazz in a three-way trade with the Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta sent guard Jeff Teague to Indiana and acquired Utah's 2016 first-round, which was forward Taurean Prince of Baylor, the 12th pick in the first round.
- The Brooklyn Nets traded forward Thaddeus Young to Indiana for the rights to guard Caris LeVert of Michigan, the 20th pick, and a future second-round draft pick.
- The Charlotte Hornets traded the rights to freshman guard Malachi Richardson of Syracuse, the 22nd pick, to Sacramento for guard Marco Belinelli.
- The Boston Celtics traded the rights to freshman forward Deyonta Davis of Michigan State, the 31st pick, and forward Rade Zagorac of Serbia, the 35th pick, to the Memphis Grizzlies for a 2019 first-round draft pick.