Cleveland Cavaliers earn top spot on team merchandise list
POSTED: Jan 12, 2015 9:06 AM ET
NEW YORK — Ten-time NBA All-Star LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers secured the top spots as the NBA's Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise, respectively, based on overall sales from adidas and NBAStore.com from October 2014 through December 2014.
This marks the fifth consecutive time James has claimed the No. 1 position on the list and his second such honor as a member of the Cavaliers. At No. 2 on the list is Golden State Warriors sensation Stephen Curry, whose successful season propelled him from the No. 7 spot. Rounding out the top five are the Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant (No. 3), the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant (No. 4), and the Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose (No. 5).
• The Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki (No. 12) appears on the list for the first time since 2012.
• Rose (No. 5) and New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony (No. 7) both jumped seven spots since the latest top-selling jerseys list (June 2014).
• The Cavaliers last appeared on the team merchandise list in 2010 at No. 3.
1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
3. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
6. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
7. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
8. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
9. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
12. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
13. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
14. James Harden, Houston Rockets
15. Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Golden State Warriors
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. San Antonio Spurs
6. Oklahoma City Thunder
7. New York Knicks
8. Miami Heat
9. Boston Celtics
10. Los Angeles Clippers