Washington Wizards Official Rules
Washington Wizards Survey Contest
Contest runs from midnight December 19, 2011 through midnight January 2, 2012 ("Promotional Period") and is sponsored by Washington Wizards ("Sponsor"). Contest is open only to legal residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Employees, officers, directors and representatives of the Washington Bullets LP, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, Lincoln Holdings LLC, Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Verizon Center, DC Arena LP , National Basketball Association ("NBA") and its corporate affiliates, and those with whom such persons are domiciled, are not eligible. Void outside a 75 mile radius from Verizon Center, 601 F St. NW, Washington, DC 20004, Virginia and Maryland, and where prohibited by law. Contest subject to all federal, state and local laws. Contest rules may be amended any time for any reason, without Notice.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER DRAWING
The Washington Wizards ("WIZARDS") Season Ticket Holder Survey Drawing (the "Drawing") is open to all legal residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia who are 18 years of age or older and who have completed the Washington Wizards Season Ticket Holder Survey sent to their email address by January 2, 2012. Limit one (1) entry per person. Incomplete/partial entries are void.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL RULES By participating in the Drawing, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Washington Wizards, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Drawing. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. These Official Rules shall prevail should there be any discrepancies with respect to any Drawing promotional materials. All details and other restrictions regarding the Drawing not specified in these Official Rules shall be determined by the Washington Wizards in its sole discretion.
3. HOW TO ENTER To be eligible for the Drawing, each entrant must complete the brief Season Ticket Holder Survey sent to their email address on record. Upon completion of the online survey the participant's name and email address will be entered into the Drawing. In order for the entry to be valid, the participant must provide correct contact information at the time of the survey. Entries are limited to one entry per person. Participants who attempt to enter multiple times or as multiple participants will be disqualified.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner will be selected from the Drawing Period to receive a gift certificate to Carmine's restaurant in the amount of $100. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Drawings are held after all possible surveys from a given drawing period are completed (typically six weeks). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes on prize. Prize winner will be notified within 3 days after selection of a winner. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor (Washington Wizards), Lincoln Mystics LLC, Washington Bullets LP, Washington Mystics, Lincoln Holdings LLC, Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Lincoln Hockey LLC, Washington Capitals, Washington Sports & Entertainment LP, Verizon Center, DC Arena LP, NBA and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and marketing agencies and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, "Releasees") from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, postage due, mutilated, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone system, technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, transmission or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any prize or from participating in the Contest or any Contest related activity; or (v) any printing, distribution, typographical, administrative, human or technological errors involving or associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest (or any portion of the Contest) should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select the winner from eligible entries received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules. Sponsor may prohibit entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor's representatives. Releasees have not made and/or are not responsible for any misrepresentation or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes. By accepting a prize, winner agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor may use winner's name, voice, biographical data, likeness and city name in any and all media throughout the universe and in perpetuity for promotional purposes without additional compensation or remuneration, except where prohibited by law. . By entering the Contest, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Winner shall complete "Prize Winner Affidavit and Release." If winner fails to complete "Prize Winner Affidavit and Release" form, he/she may be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
For the names of the prize winners, available after (January 9, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Washington Wizards Survey Contest, 601 F Street NW, Washington DC 20004. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners List."