Community Relations FAQ
Because of the overwhelming requests that we receive, we limit our donations to the Washington DC Metropolitan area, this includes Virginia and Maryland.
2. How many times a year can I request the assistance of the Wizards?
Once every 12 months. In order to donate to all the organizations that would like something from us as well, we require that you contact us once a year for a donation.
3. How can I request promotional items to giveaway at our upcoming event?
Based on availability, the Wizards provide promotional items to those requests which are received at least 3 weeks prior to the event date. Requests must be documented on organization/group letterhead, with a brief explanation of activity. Donations are limited to one organization per calendar year.
4. If my school or organization is having an auction/raffle fundraising event, how can I request a donation item?
5. How do I get a Wizards player, coach, or staff member to appear at my event?
Please submit your request in writing 5-6 weeks prior to your event date. Please include the following information in your request:
Appearance request for Game days will not be considered, as they are reserved for players, coaches and staff to give attention to responsibilities as it pertains to mounting a successful night for our organization and the team.
Monumental Sports and Entertainment
Attn: Community Relations Department
601 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
6. When will I know if a Wizards representative will be coming to my event?
It is our practice to respond with a letter or a phone call within 2 weeks of receiving your request.
7. If I send a basketball, can you have a player/team sign it? I would like a Wizards team autographed basketball, may I send my own ball to be signed?
Based on availability, a Washington Wizards Single Player Autographed Basketballs balls are available for the donation of $50 to the Wizards Care Charities, limit 1 per requestor. Unfortunately we do not accept items to be signed as we will not be responsible for any lost items.
8. Can the Wizards sponsor or make a financial contribution to our non-profit organization?
Unfortunately, because of prior commitments in our community, we are unable to financially donate to your organization. Please refer to our Community News. page to get involved in our programs.
9. If I am a local non-profit organization, how do I request complimentary tickets for my group?
If your organization has a non-profit 501-C3 number, you are eligible to receive complimentary tickets through our Community Tixs Program.
10. How can I request a monetary donation for my organization?
We recognize the importance of raising money for charitable causes; unfortunately due to the volume of requests we receive, the Washington Wizards are unable to make monetary donations.
11. Who should I contact if I want to work a concession stand for fundraising efforts at Verizon Center?
Non-profit organizations interested in working concession stands at the Verizon Center events for fundraising efforts are encouraged to contact Anthony Fears, the HR Manager for Aramark at 202 628-3200 ext 6714.
Community Relations Contact Information
Community Relations Hotline: 202-628-3200 ext 4576
Click to See our New Hot Items