As a Fan Center member, you could be wearing your own personalized NBA style. Every month during the 2004-05 season, you have a chance to win a personalized authentic road jersey of your favorite team. Be sure your address and favorite team preferences are updated in your Fan Center profile and you could be the next Fan Center winner. |
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. From the time of entry through the final date of prize fulfillment, each Sweepstakes entrant and winner must be a permanent lawful citizen and resident residing in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and eighteen (18) years of age or older as of November 1, 2004. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins on 11/1/04 and ends on 6/30/04. Check below for complete rules and further information.
NBA/WNBA Fan Center NBA Style Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
NBA/WNBA Fan Center NBA Style Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins Nov. 1, 2004, at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends June 30, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Sponsored by NBA Media Ventures, LLC, 450 Harmon Meadow Blvd., Secaucus, NJ 07094 ("Sponsor").
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2. ELIGIBILITY. United States law governs this Sweepstakes. From the time of entry through the final date of prize fulfillment, each Sweepstakes entrant and winner must be a permanent lawful citizen and resident residing in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and eighteen (18) years of age or older. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, U.S. MILITARY INSTALLATIONS IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES, AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, of Sponsor, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, and the immediate family members (e.g., spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, grandparent, in-law, daughter and son, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such individuals are not eligible to participate or win. Only one winner per household. All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to this Sweepstakes are final.
3. ENTER BY INTERNET. Beginning on Nov. 1, 2004, at 12:00 a.m. ET, you may enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet by logging on to the website at http://www.nba.com/special_offers/jersey0405_sweepstakes.jsp and following entry directions, providing all required information, including where the winner can be contacted on or after the drawing date (specified below). Sponsor must receive all Internet entries by June 30, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Incomplete, illegible, false or deceptive entries are void. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ALL PROMOTION PERIODS. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Service Provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. With respect to the winning entry, the winner may be required to provide proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS.
Promotion Period Schedule:
Winners will be selected according to the Promotion Period Schedule by random drawing of all eligible entries received. Each correct and valid entry will only be eligible to win one prize. Each random drawing will be held under the supervision of Sponsor whose decisions shall be final in all matters. Selected entrants will be notified by phone, mail or email and, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion, may be required to complete, execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release ("Affidavit"). Failure by potential winner to respond to such notification within a reasonable time frame, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's absolute and sole discretion, will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event Sponsor requires potential winner to complete, execute and return the Affidavit, potential winner must sign and return such Affidavit by the date and/or time indicated within such document. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails to sign and return such document within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If prizes or prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of the alternate Sweepstakes entrant(s), if any. Acceptance of any prize constitutes the prize winner's permission to use such person's name, picture, likeness and address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes without further compensation or permission except where prohibited by law. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Eligibility, age, and claims made by prizewinners also are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
- Promotion Period 1: Nov. 1, 2004, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends Nov. 30, 2004, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 1 Winner Selection: On or about Dec. 1, 2004
- Promotion Period 2: Dec. 1, 2004, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends Dec. 31, 2004, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 2 Winner Selection: On or about Jan. 2, 2005
- Promotion Period 3: Jan. 1, 2005, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends Jan. 31, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 3 Winner Selection: On or about Feb. 1, 2005
- Promotion Period 4: Feb. 1, 2005, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends Feb. 28, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 4 Winner Selection: On or about Mar. 1, 2005
- Promotion Period 5: Mar. 1, 2005, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends Mar. 31, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 5 Winner Selection: On or about Apr. 1, 2005
- Promotion Period 6: Apr. 1, 2005, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends Apr. 30, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 6 Winner Selection: On or about May 1, 2005
- Promotion Period 7: May 1, 2005, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends May 31, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 7 Winner Selection: On or about June 1, 2005
- Promotion Period 8: June 1, 2005, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends June 30, 2005, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Promotion Period 8 Winner Selection: On or about July 1, 2004
5. PRIZE. One (1) grand-prize winner will win a NBA Men's Authentic Road Jersey of winner's designated favorite NBA team personalized with winner's last name will be selected for each Promotion Period according to the schedule set forth above. Approximate retail value of each grand prize is $150. Total approximate retail value of the grand prize for all promotional periods is $1,200. Prizes are not transferable and no cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor.
6. ODDS OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER. FEW WILL WIN. Odds of winning a prize are determined by the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
7. RESTRICTIONS. The prize(s) consists of only those services and items specifically described as part of the prize(s). Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items once in the winner's possession. If prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. Sponsor shall not be liable to winner or any person claiming through winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, threatened terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor's sole control (collectively, "Force Majeure Event"). Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the performers/events, other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same.
8. CONDITIONS. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and that Sponsor has the right to use in perpetuity entrants' names, likenesses, photographs, voices, home address, biographical and prize information, and entry materials, without notice to entrants and without compensation or obligation, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in any manner whatsoever, to advertise and promote Sponsor, its products and services, the Sweepstakes, and for any other purpose except where prohibited by law. Entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer viruses, worms or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, any Force Majeure Event or any other cause which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select a winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operations of this Sweepstakes in any manner, (ii) violates the Official Rules, or (iii) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND/OR DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Any expenses and receipt and use of the prize and federal, state and local taxes and fees applicable in connection with the prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws of the United States. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sponsor, its officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for and shall not be liable for (i) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by a prize resulting from acceptance, possession or usage of the prize, or (ii) printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors without liability at their sole discretion. If in the future you wish to receive no further sweepstakes mailings, send your name, mailing address and zip code to NBA Media Ventures, LLC, c/o NBA.com Fan Center, 450 Harmon Meadow Blvd., Secaucus, NJ 07094.
9. JURY TRIAL WAIVER. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW AND AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ANY DOCUMENT OR AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO IN CONNECTION HEREWITH AND ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THEREBY.
10. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules or a list of the name and addresses of the prize winner(s), send a 3" x 5" postcard request within one (1) year of the conclusion of the Sweepstakes to: NBA/WNBA Fan Center's NBA Style Sweepstakes Official Rules OR Winner's List (please specify which), NBA Media Ventures, LLC, 450 Harmon Meadow Blvd., Secaucus, NJ 07094; Attn NBA.com Fan Center. Winners list fulfilled after completion of Sweepstakes. ANY ENVELOPE REQUESTS SUBMITTED WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DESTROYED WITHOUT OPENING.