Double Team Tacos
|1 tbsp||Mezzetta Olive Oil|
|1||Onion, thinly sliced|
|1 ½ lbs||Ground Beef|
|1 tbsp||Sunny Select Chili Powder|
|¼ tsp||Sunny Select Ground Cumin|
|1/8 tsp||Cayenne Pepper|
|1 can (8 oz)||Tomato Sauce|
|16||Hard Taco Shells|
|1 ½ cups||Shredded Romaine Lettuce|
|½ pint||Cherry Tomatoes, Halved lengthwise|
|½ cup||Sunnyside Farms Shredded Cheese|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|½ cup||Hot Sauce|
- Nonstick skillet
- Cook's knife
- Wooden spoon
- Sheet tray, lined with parchment paper or silicon mats
- Pre-heat the oven at 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet, over medium high heat. Add onion; cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add beef; cook, stirring with wooden spoon to break up, until beef is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chili powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring. Stir in tomato sauce. Bring to boiling. Lower heat to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat taco shells in oven for about 5 minutes. Spoon about ¼ cup of meat mixture into each shell. Serve with lettuce, tomato, cheese, diced onion, and hot sauce.