GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS "DUB THE VOTE” PHOTO CONTEST (The "Contest")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PERIOD: Contest begins at 10:00am Pacific Time (PT) on Thursday, January 5, 2012 and ends at 5:00pm PT on Thursday, January 26, 2012 (the "Contest Period").
ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the entry date and who are a legal resident of California and, whose primary residence is within a seventy-five (75) mile radius of the city of Oakland, California. Employees, agents, officers, directors, members, managers, and owners of Sponsor, GSW Sports LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, managers, officers, employees and their advertising agencies, promotional partners and prize providers associated with this Promotion (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities” and each a “Sweepstakes Entity”), and their immediate families (spouse, parents, legal guardian, siblings, and children) and those individuals living in their same household are not eligible to enter or win.
3. CONTESTANT SELECTION: You can enter in one of the following ways:
Visit www.warriors.com (the “Website”) and follow the Contest entry instructions to submit your photo via Facebook or Twitter
Send your entry photograph along with your full name, age, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, ineligible, damaged or misdirected entries or any typographical or other errors in the entry postcards, printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Incomplete entry forms will be considered void.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day regardless of method of entry. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
4. CONTEST DETAILS:
Contest entrants must take an original photograph that depicts them voting for the 2012 NBA All-Star starters while forming a ‘W’ in some way, shape or form .
Contest entries will be judged in accordance with the following criteria: Originality (50%), Creativity (30%) and Sincerity (20%).
The Contest entrant with the best photograph (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) shall be deemed the winner (the "Potential Winner"). (Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter the Contest if necessary.)
Entries that are deemed by the judges to be immoral, obscene, profane, lewd, or not in keeping with Sponsor's image or in violation of these Official Rules may be disqualified. By submitting your entry, you warrant and represent that your entry is 100% original and was created solely by you, that the entry does not incorporate any material owned by any third party, and that use of the entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights of any third party. If, in the opinion of the Sponsor, the entry violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any third party, the Sponsor may disqualify the entry.
The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner will initially be contacted via their chosen method of entry, and will also be contacted via email and/or telephone. The Potential Winner may also be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner ("Official Winner"). If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the Prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
5. PRIZE(S): The Contest Prize(s) is/are as follows:
FIRST PRIZE(S) (1): One (1) Contest entrant will receive two (2) tickets to a Golden State Warriors home game and an invitation to personally meet each Warriors player on the 2012 NBA All-Star ballot. (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the prize: $200)
SECOND PRIZE(S) (1): One (1) Contest entrant will receive one (1) basketball autographed by each of the Warriors players on the 2012 NBA All-Star ballot (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the prize: $100)
THIRD PRIZE(S) (1): One (1) Contest entrant will receive one (1) shooting shirt autographed by each of the Warriors players on the 2012 NBA All-Star ballot (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the prize: $75)
Official Winner(s) will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description, including but not limited to transportation to and from Oracle Arena. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute Prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value.
Sponsors are solely responsible for providing elements of Prize to Official Winner.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Prizes subject to availability. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No prize transfers permitted, except at Sponsor's discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any expenses and any other costs not described as part of the prize. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of winners.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE SPONSOR, GSW SPORTS LLC., FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
By entering this contest, the contestant agrees to the following Statement:
I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him, must have materially affected his settlement with debtor." The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and brought exclusively in the appropriate state or federal court located in the State of California, and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these courts with respect to any disputes, claims, causes of action, legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this Promotion; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250); (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (iv) this Promotion and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
11. WINNER'S LIST/RULES: For a copy of the of the Official Rules visit www.Warriors.com print out these pages, or send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Dub The Vote Official Rules, c/o Golden State Warriors, LLC, 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607,prior to the end of the Promotional Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests
To find out who won, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Dub The Vote Contest Winners, c/o Golden State Warriors, LLC, 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the end of the Promotional Period.
Only one (1) request of either type per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled.
12. The Sponsor of this Promotion is (the “Sponsor”): Golden State Warriors, LLC, 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607.
You do not have the correct version of the Flash Player Plugin. Click here to get it.
NBA Media Ventures, LLC | Turner Sports Interactive, Inc.All rights reserved. No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or