Breaking Down The Warriors 2012-13 Schedule
The days of back-to-back-to-back games are over as the Warriors and the NBA return to the normalcy of an 82-game schedule. Still, there are a few oddities about the Warriors 2012-13 slate. Here are a few interesting tid-bits about the upcoming schedule:
- The Warriors have both home (March 4-15) and road (December 5-15) stretches of a season-long seven consecutive games.
- Golden State also has homestands of four (November 24-December 3) and five (March 23-April 3) and road trips of four (January 25-29), four (February 5-9) and five (February 24-March 2) games.
- The Warriors will have 20 back-to-back sets, including three of the home/home variety, three home/road, three road/home and 11 road/road.
- The Warriors will play four games in five nights on four separate occasions (December 18-22, January 25-29, February 5-9, February 26-March 2).
- By day: Monday – 11, Tuesday – 7, Wednesday – 21, Thursday – 3, Friday – 18, Saturday – 17, Sunday – 5
- By month: October – 1, November – 14, December – 16, January – 15, February – 12, March – 16, April – 8
- For the first time since 2001-02, the Warriors will open the season on the road, exactly 11 years since the last occurrence (10/31/01 at Portland).
- This will be the first time since 1995-96 that the Warriors will both open and close the regular season away from home.
- Golden State will play 15 of its first 24 games on the road, but 16 of its final 22 games come at home.
- Jockeying for playoff position? The Warriors' final 11 games are against Western Conference opponents.
- For the third time in four years (and third consecutive with an 82-game schedule), the Warriors will end the season with a game against Portland.
- From January 25 to March 2, the Warriors will endure a stretch with 14 of 19 games on the road, including two four-game trips and one five-game road trip.
- Golden State will play its first-ever game in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center on December 7, part of its seven-game East Coast road trip.
- Just as they did for the 50th anniversary last season, the Warriors will celebrate the anniversary of Wilt’s Chamberlain’s 100-point game in Philadelphia on March 2, just miles from the record-setting site in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- The Warriors will host the Los Angeles Clippers on January 21 as part of the NBA’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration.