Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation Accepting Applications for 2014-15 Monthly Grants
Minneapolis/St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation today announced the process for non-profit organizations applying for the Foundation's seven grants for the upcoming 2014-15 season. Over the past nine seasons, the Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation has given more than $600,000 through the grant application process to qualifying organizations.
Each month during the 2014-15 season, the FastBreak Foundation will focus on a specific area of giving. The Foundation will award a $5,000 grant for each of the seven months of the season (October-April). In addition to the grant, the winners will receive tickets to a game where they will be honored on court.
For the first time, the FastBreak Foundation will incorporate a rolling application deadline. Grant proposals for the month being applied for are due six weeks prior to the start of that month. Winners will be selected three weeks prior to each month.
The following are the monthly deadlines:
Month Theme Due Date
October New Season, New Beginnings Aug. 22,2014
November Operation Minnesota Heroes Sept. 22, 2014
December Season of Giving Oct. 20, 2014
January WolvesCare Nov. 21, 2014
February WolvesFit Dec. 22, 2014
March Read to Achieve Jan. 19, 2015
April Think Green Feb. 20, 2015
Grants will be awarded based on the following themes:
- § New Season, New Beginnings: Organizations that offer youth a new direction or opportunity.
- § Operation Minnesota Heroes: Organizations supporting Minnesota military troops and their families.
- § Season of Giving: Organizations that serve families in need during the holiday season.
- § WolvesCare: Organizations that focus efforts on supporting children fighting life-threatening illnesses.
- § WolvesFit: Organizations that focus efforts on health and fitness for youth.
- § Read to Achieve: Organizations that focus on literacy and encourage a life-long love for reading.
- § Wolves Think Green: Organizations that focus on preserving and improving the environment.
About the FastBreak Foundation
The Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation provides and supports hands-on programs that positively impact Minnesota youth. Through giving, education and basketball opportunities, the Foundation enables young people to make responsible decisions, contribute to their futures, and experience lifelong memories. In the past year, the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation and the Minnesota Lynx Foundation have combined to impact more than 2,000 organizations with $750,000 in in-kind donations, 13,000 Tickets for Kids donations, more than 4,000 volunteer hours, 45 Heroes in the Making on-court presentations, and fourteen $5,000 grants.
The FastBreak Foundation is proud to be supported by the Roger and Nancy McCabe Foundation.