Wolves FastBreak Foundation Accepting Applications For 2012-13 Monthly Grants
The Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation today announced that it will begin accepting applications from non-profit organizations for grants for the upcoming 2012-13 season. The application process will be open until Sept. 15, 2012. Over the past seven seasons, the Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation has given more than $450,000 through the grant application process to qualifying organizations. Organizations interested in obtaining a grant application can log on to www.timberwolves.com/community, or e-mail the FastBreak Foundation at email@example.com.
Each month during the 2012-13 season, the FastBreak Foundation will focus on a specific area of giving. The Foundation will award a $5,000 grant for each of the seven months of the season (October-April). In addition to the grant, the winners will receive a Public Address announcement during a game and tickets for a game.
Grants will be awarded based on the following themes:
- New Season, New Beginnings: Organizations that offer youth a new direction or opportunity.
- Operation Minnesota Heroes: Organizations supporting Minnesota military troops and their families.
- Season of Giving: Organizations that serve families in need during the holiday season.
- WolvesCare: Organizations that focus efforts on supporting children fighting life-threatening illnesses.
- WolvesFit: Organizations that focus efforts on the health and fitness for youth.
- Read to Achieve: Organizations that focus on literacy and encourage a life-long love for reading.
- Wolves Think Green: Organizations that focus on preserving and improving the environment.
About the FastBreak Foundation
The Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation provides and supports hands-on programs that positively impact Minnesota youth. Through giving, education and basketball opportunities, the Foundation enables young people to make responsible decisions, contribute to their futures, and experience lifelong memories. In the past year, the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation and the Minnesota Lynx Foundation have combined to impact 1,852 organizations with $820,427 in in-kind donations, 60,000 Tickets for Kids donations, 1,942 volunteer hours, 35 Heroes in the Making on-court presentations, and seven $5,000 grants.
For more news and notes on the team follow the Minnesota Timberwolves and Mark Remme on Twitter.