Wolves Announce 2013-14 Regular Season Schedule
The Minnesota Timberwolves will tip off their 25th regular season in the NBA by hosting the Orlando Magic at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 30 at Target Center. Full-season memberships for as low as $4 per game are still available by visiting timberwolves.com/seasontickets or by calling 612-673-1234.
The Timberwolves will open the 2013-14 season with four of their first six games at home, including a visit from Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder (Nov. 1) and the high-scoring Golden State Warriors (Nov. 6). The Wolves will enjoy two four-game homestands with the first occurring from Feb. 8 -19 and highlighted by visits from 2013 Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard and the Portland Trail Blazers (Feb. 8), Dwight Howard and the Houston Rockets (Feb. 10), and the Eastern Conference Finalist Indiana Pacers (Feb. 19). The Wolves will also host a four-game homestand from March 5-11, featuring a visit from Carmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks (March 5). Other notable home games include Nov. 22 vs. Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and the new-look Brooklyn Nets, and Dec. 7 vs. LeBron James and the defending NBA champion Miami Heat. Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers visit Target Center on Feb. 4 and March 28 and Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers are in town on Nov. 20 and March 31.
The Wolves will play 13 nationally-televised games this season, including five home contests: Dec. 4 vs. San Antonio on NBA TV, Dec. 27 vs. Washington on NBA TV, Feb. 10 vs. Houston on NBA TV, Feb. 19 vs. Indiana on ESPN, and March 5 vs. New York on ESPN.
Minnesota’s 2013-14 local television broadcast schedule will be released at a later date. Following are key facts regarding the Wolves' 2013-14 regular-season schedule.
Key Facts About the Timberwolves 2013-14 Schedule
Download Full Schedule (PDF)
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: October/November (9 home, 9 away = 18 total, December (6 home, 8 away = 14 total), January (8 home, 7 away = 15 total), February (5 home, 6 away = 11 total), March (9 home, 7 away = 16 total), April (4 home, 4 away = 8 total).
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (3 home, 9 away = 12 total), Tuesday (2 home, 4 away = 6 total), Wednesday (19 home, 2 away = 21 total), Thursday (0 home, 1 away = 1 total), Friday (9 home, 8 away = 17 total), Saturday (5 home, 8 away = 13 total), Sunday (3 home, 9 away = 12 total).
- The Wolves enjoy two four-game homestands: Feb. 8-19 (POR, HOU, DEN, IND) and March 5-11 (NY, DET, TOR, MIL). Minnesota's home schedule also includes one three-game homestand: Dec. 30-Jan. 4 (DAL, NO, OKC).
- Minnesota has one five-game road trip: Feb. 22-March 3 (UTAH, POR, PHO, SAC, DEN), and one four-game road trip: Jan. 21-28 (UTAH, GS, POR, CHI).
- Minnesota will play on national television 13 times this season: Eight times on NBA TV (Dec. 4 vs. San Antonio, Dec. 16 at Boston, Dec. 27 vs. Washington, Jan. 24 at Golden State, Jan. 25 at Portland, Jan. 27 at Chicago, Feb. 10 vs. Houston, April 14 at Golden State), and five times on ESPN (Nov. 15 at Denver, Dec. 20 at L.A. Lakers, Feb. 7 at New Orleans, Feb. 19 vs. Indiana, March 5 vs. New York).
- The Wolves will play 20 back-to-backs: nine away-away, five home-away and six away-home. Last year the Wolves had 22 back-to-back sets.
- The Wolves will open their regular-season slate versus Orlando on Friday, Oct.. 30 at Target Center, marking the 13th straight season the club has opened at home. The Wolves are 14-10 in season openers, including 12-4 in season openers at home. Minnesota opened the 2013-14 campaign with a 92-80 win over Sacramento at Target Center.
- The Wolves will play 52 games against Western Conference and 30 games versus Eastern Conference opponents.
- Minnesota will play each Western Conference opponent four times (two home, two away), with the exception of Golden State (one home, two away), New Orleans (two home, one away), Phoenix (two home, one away), and San Antonio (one home-Mexico City, two away). The Wolves will face off against each Eastern Conference team twice (one home, one away).
Timberwolves 2013-14 Opponent Breakdown
Denver (H: 11/27, 2/12; A: 11/15, 3/3); Oklahoma City (H: 11/1, 1/4; A: 12/1, 2/5); Portland (H: 12/18, 2/8; A: 1/25, 2/23); Utah: (H: 1/18, 4/16; A: 1/21, 2/22).
Golden State (H: 11/6; A: 1/24, 4/14); L.A. Clippers (H: 11/20, 3/31; A: 11/11, 12/22); L.A. Lakers (H: 2/4, 3/28; A: 11/10, 12/20); Phoenix (H: 1/8, 3/23; A: 2/25); Sacramento (H: 1/15, 3/16; A: 3/1, 4/13).
Dallas (H: 11/8, 12/30; A: 11/30, 3/19 ); Houston (H: 2/10, 4/11; A: 11/23, 3/20); Memphis (H: 1/31, 4/2; A: 12/15, 3/24); New Orleans (H: 1/1, 1/29; A: 2/7); San Antonio (H: 12/4; A: 12/13, 1/12).
Boston (H: 11/16; A: 12/16); Brooklyn (H: 11/22; A: 3/30); New York (H: 3/5; A: 11/3); Philadelphia (H: 12/11; A: 1/6); Toronto (H: 3/9; A: 1/17).
Chicago (H: 4/9; A: 1/27); Cleveland (H: 1/13; A: 11/4); Detroit (H: 3/7 A: 12/10); Indiana (H: 2/19; A: 11/25); Milwaukee (H: 3/11; A: 12/28).
Atlanta (H: 3/26; A: 2/1); Charlotte (H: 1/10; A: 3/14); Miami (H: 12/7; A: 4/4); Orlando (H: 10/30; A: 4/5); Washington (H: 12/27; A: 11/19).
|2013-14 TIMBERWOLVES REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE|
|DATE||OPPONENT||TIME||NAT. TV SCHEDULE|
|Wednesday, Oct. 30||Orlando||7 PM|
|Friday, Nov. 1||Oklahoma City||7 PM||NBA TV|
|Sunday, Nov. 3||@ New York||6:30 PM|
|Monday, Nov. 4||@ Cleveland||6 PM|
|Wednesday, Nov. 6||Golden State||7 PM|
|Friday, Nov. 8||Dallas||7 PM|
|Sunday, Nov. 10||@ L.A. Lakers||8:30 PM|
|Monday, Nov. 11||@ L.A. Clippers||9:30 PM|
|Wednesday, Nov. 13||Cleveland||7 PM|
|Friday, Nov. 15||@ Denver||7 PM||ESPN|
|Saturday, Nov. 16||Boston||7 PM|
|Tuesday, Nov. 19||@ Washington||6 PM|
|Wednesday, Nov. 20||L.A. Clippers||7 PM|
|Friday, Nov. 22||Brooklyn||7 PM|
|Saturday, Nov. 23||@ Houston||7 PM|
|Monday, Nov. 25||@ Indiana||6 PM|
|Wednesday, Nov. 27||Denver||7 PM|
|Saturday, Nov. 30||@ Dallas||7:30 PM|
|Sunday, Dec. 1||@ Oklahoma City||6 PM|
|Wednesday, Dec. 4||San Antonio (M)||8:30 PM||NBA TV|
|Saturday, Dec. 7||Miami||7 PM|
|Tuesday, Dec. 10||@ Detroit||6:30 PM|
|Wednesday, Dec. 11||Philadelphia||7 PM|
|Friday, Dec. 13||@ San Antonio||7:30 PM|
|Sunday, Dec. 15||@ Memphis||5 PM|
|Monday, Dec. 16||@ Boston||6:30 PM||NBA TV|
|Wednesday, Dec. 18||Portland||7 PM|
|Friday, Dec. 20||@ L.A. Lakers||9:30 PM||ESPN|
|Sunday, Dec. 22||@ L.A. Clippers||8:30 PM|
|Friday, Dec. 27||Washington||7 PM||NBA TV|
|Saturday, Dec. 28||@ Milwaukee||7:30 PM|
|Monday, Dec. 30||Dallas||7 PM|
|Wednesday, Jan. 1||New Orleans||7 PM|
|Saturday, Jan. 4||Oklahoma City||7 PM|
|Monday, Jan. 6||@ Philadelphia||6 PM|
|Wednesday, Jan. 8||Phoenix||7 PM|
|Friday, Jan. 10||Charlotte||7 PM|
|Sunday, Jan. 12||@ San Antonio||6 PM|
|Wednesday, Jan. 15||Sacramento||7 PM|
|Friday, Jan. 17||@ Toronto||6 PM|
|Saturday, Jan. 18||Utah||7 PM|
|Tuesday, Jan. 21||@ Utah||8 PM|
|Friday, Jan. 24||@ Golden State||9:30 PM||NBA TV|
|Saturday, Jan. 25||@ Portland||9 PM||NBA TV|
|Monday, Jan. 27||@ Chicago||7 PM||NBA TV|
|Wednesday, Jan. 29||New Orleans||7 PM|
|Friday, Jan. 31||Memphis||7 PM|
|Saturday, Feb. 1||@ Atlanta||6:30 PM|
|Tuesday, Feb. 4||L.A. Lakers||7 PM|
|Wednesday, Feb. 5||@ Oklahoma City||7 PM|
|Friday, Feb. 7||@ New Orleans||8:30 PM||ESPN|
|Saturday, Feb. 8||Portland||7 PM|
|Monday, Feb. 10||Houston||7 PM||NBA TV|
|Wednesday, Feb. 12||Denver||7 PM|
|Wednesday, Feb. 19||Indiana||7 PM||ESPN|
|Saturday, Feb. 22||@ Utah||8 PM|
|Sunday, Feb. 23||@ Portland||8 PM|
|Tuesday, Feb. 25||@ Phoenix||8 PM|
|Saturday, March 1||@ Sacramento||9 PM|
|Monday, March 3||@ Denver||8 PM|
|Wednesday, March 5||New York||7 PM||ESPN|
|Friday, March 7||Detroit||7 PM|
|Sunday, March 9||Toronto||6 PM|
|Tuesday, March 11||Milwaukee||7 PM|
|Friday, March 14||@ Charlotte||6 PM|
|Sunday, March 16||Sacramento||6 PM|
|Wednesday, March 19||@ Dallas||7:30 PM|
|Thursday, March 20||@ Houston||7 PM|
|Sunday, March 23||Phoenix||2:30 PM|
|Monday, March 24||@ Memphis||7 PM|
|Wednesday, March 26||Atlanta||7 PM|
|Friday, March 28||L.A. Lakers||7 PM|
|Sunday, March 30||@ Brooklyn||5 PM|
|Monday, March 31||L.A. Clippers||7 PM|
|Wednesday, April 2||Memphis||7 PM|
|Friday, April 4||@ Miami||6:30 PM|
|Saturday, April 5||@ Orlando||6 PM|
|Wednesady, April 9||Chicago||7 PM|
|Friday, April 11||Houston||7 PM|
|Sunday, April 13||@ Sacramento||8 PM|
|Monday, April 14||@ Golden State||9:30 PM||NBA Tv|
|Wednesday, April 16||Utah||7 PM|
(M) Game Played in Mexico City