The Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is proud to begin the 11th season of the Read to Achieve Starting Five program. Education and literacy continues to be the top initiative of the National Basketball Association and the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation. Over the past ten seasons, students from over 1,500 schools across the state of Minnesota have read over 12 million pages through the Read to Achieve Starting Five program. Hopefully your school will continue the success of the program by encouraging more students to spend their spare time at home reading. Remember, this is a FREE program for your school!
How the Program Works
- Students who read 500 pages or more at home will be rewarded with a Timberwolves prize package; including a Timberwolves prize, bookmark, poster and a buy-one-get-one ticket offer to a Timberwolves game.
- Register your classroom by filling out the form below.
- Once you have registered your school/classroom, you will receive Starting Five brochures for each student, which includes the tracking bookmark.
- Starting November 5th and ending January 4th, students will track the number of pages read at home.
- Collect the tracking bookmarks, download the Excel spreadsheet and submit that information to email@example.com by January 18th, 2013.
- Prize packages will be delivered to schools no later than March 1st, 2013.
We look forward to working with you and your students!