The Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is proud to begin another season of the Starting Five program. Education and literacy continues to be the top initiative of the National Basketball Association and the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation. Since its inception, students from over 1,500 schools across the state of Minnesota have read over 13 million pages through the Starting Five program. Hopefully your school will continue the success of the program by encouraging more students to spend their spare time at home reading. Remember, this is a FREE program for your school!
How the Program Works
- Students who read 500 pages or more at home will be rewarded with a Timberwolves prize package; including a Timberwolves prize, bookmark, poster and a buy-one-get-one ticket offer to a Timberwolves game.
- Register your school or classroom for the Starting Five reading program by Friday, October 10th. (Please submit via the Registration form below)
- Starting Monday, November 3rd, 2014 and ending Monday, January 5th, 2015, students will track the number of pages read at home.
- Collect the tracking bookmarks, download the Excel spreadsheet and enter in your information and submit that information to email@example.com by Friday, January 16th. (Please check back in January for the downloadable Excel spreadsheet)
- Prizes Packages will be delivered to schools no later than March 1st, 2014.
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you and your students!