Welcome to another season of the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation Read to Achieve Starting 5 Program. Over the past 13 seasons, students from over 1,500 schools in Minnesota have read almost 14 million pages through the Read to Achieve Starting Five Program. Hopefully your school will continue the success of this FREE program by encouraging more students to spend their time spare in the classroom and at home reading.
How the Program Works
Students who read 500 or more pages in school or at home between October 23rd and November 20th will be rewarded with a Timberwolves pack; including a poster, bookmark, Timberwolves prize and a buy-one-get-one ticket offer to a Wolves game during the 2015-2016 season.
What You Need to Do
- Register your school/classroom by October 5th. (Please submit via the registration form below)
- Once you have registered your school/classroom, you will receive Starting Five Tracking Bookmarks for each of your students.
- Students will track the number of pages they read in school or at home between October 23rd and November 20th.
- Collect the Tracking Bookmarks, download the Excel spreadsheet and submit the information to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11th. (This form will be available in late November)
- Prize Packages will be delivered to schools no later than the end of February.
Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is always striving to take our programming to the next level. With that, we would like to offer extra incentives to the schools that make our program such a success.
Teachers that sign up their schools/classrooms by the October 5th deadline will receive 2 complimentary tickets to the Timberwolves preseason game vs. Milwaukee on Friday, October 23rd at 7pm.
While students record their pages read on their Tracking Bookmarks, teachers will also receive Tracking Posters to hang in their classrooms.
Teacher Incentive - If a teacher has 50% or more of the students they signed up for the Reading Program complete the 500 page challenge, then they will receive 2 complementary tickets to a Timberwolves game during the 2015-2016 season.
School Incentive - If a school has 50% or more of the students in their school that signed up for the Reading Program complete the 500 page challenge, the school will go into a drawing for a grand prize
- Timberwolves Team Signed Basketball
- Crunch Book Mobile Visit (up to 100 students)
- Crunch Dunk Show
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program at: email@example.com.
Starting Five Teacher Spreadsheet