Welcome to another season of the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation Read to Achieve Starting 5 Program. Over the past 14 seasons, students from over 1,500 schools in Minnesota have read almost 20 million pages through the Read to Achieve Starting Five Program. Hopefully your school will continue the success of this FREE program by encouraging more students to spend their time spare in the classroom and at home reading.
How the Program Works
Students who read 500 or more pages in school or at home between October 21st and November 18th will be rewarded with a Timberwolves pack; including a poster, bookmark, Timberwolves prize and a free student ticket offer to a Wolves game during the 2016-2017 season.
What You Need to Do
- Register your school or classroom using the below form by October 7th.
- Once you have registered your school/classroom, Starting Five Tracking Bookmarks for each of your students and Classroom Tracking Posters will be mailed to you by October 19th.
- Students will track the number of pages they read in school or at home between October 21st and November 18th
- Collect the Tracking Bookmarks and use the online submission form found at the bottom of this page to submit your information by December 9th. This form will be available beginning November 28th.
- Prize Packages will be mailed out and delivered to schools no later than the beginning of January.
Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is always striving to take our programming to the next level. With that, we would like to offer extra incentives to the schools that make our program such a success.
Teachers that sign up their schools/classrooms by the October 7th deadline will receive 2 complementary tickets to one of the Timberwolves home pre-season games on October 19th or October 21st.
Online Submission Form – Instead of downloading a spreadsheet, we are asking all teachers to complete an online submission form below of their results after the program is completed.
Teacher Incentive- If a teacher has 50% or more of the students they signed up for the Reading Program complete the 500 page challenge, then they will receive 2 complementary tickets to a Timberwolves game during the 2016-2017 season.
School Incentive- If a school has 50% or more of the students in their school that signed up for the Reading Program complete the 500-page challenge, the school will go into a drawing for a grand prize:
1) Timberwolves Team Signed Basketball
2) Crunch Book Mobile Visit (up to 100 students)
3) Crunch Dunk Show
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program at: email@example.com.