The Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is proud to begin the ninth season of the Read to Achieve Starting Five program, presented by Hennepin County Medical Center. Education and literacy continue to the top initiative of the National Basketball Association and the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation. Over the past eight seasons, students from over 1,500 schools in the Twin Cities area have read almost 9 million pages through the Read to Achieve Starting Five program. Hopefully your school will continue the success of the program by encouraging more students to spend their spare time at home reading. Remember, this is a FREE program for your school!
How the Program Works
- Students who read 500 pages or more at home will be rewarded with a Timberwolves prize package; this package includes a Timberwolves notebook, bookmark, poster and a ticket to a Timberwolves game in March or April 2011.
- The classroom that reads the highest average of pages per student will receive lower level game tickets.
- The top three readers program-wide will receive four lower level tickets to a Timberwolves game, watch pre-game warm-ups from the Timberwolves bench and be recognized on the Timberwolves website.
- Register your classroom by filling out the form below.
- Or download the registration form and fax or mail to the address at the bottom of the form.
- Once you have registered your school/classroom, you will receive Starting Five brochures for each student, which includes the tracking bookmark.
- Starting November 1st and ending January 7th, students will track the number of pages read at home.
- Collect the tracking bookmarks, download the Excel spreadsheet and submit that information to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21st, 2011.
- Prize packages will be delivered to schools with a list of students who completed the program no later than March 1st.
Click here for a for a list of Crunch's Recommended Reading List For Kids
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program at: email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you and your students!