Job Posting - Sales Intern
The Oklahoma City Thunder is currently seeking an individual to fill our Group Events and Ticket Sales internship opening for the Spring 2012 semester. This exciting internship program is designed to give students the opportunity to develop valuable skills and gain firsthand experience in the professional sports industry. Interns will learn aspects of group event planning, season ticket sales, prospecting, reporting, and client management in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting the Thunder Sales teams in their daily pursuit of individual and company sales goals
• Researching and generating prospects for the sales teams to pursue
• Creating and implementing special staff recruitment events
• Administrative office duties including filing, organizing, data entry and mailing
• Learning and using in-house ticketing software
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
• Must be eligible to receive credit for this internship.
• Must be at least junior year status
• Candidates should be computer proficient, detail oriented, and enthusiastic about working within a sport-related field
• Background within a marketing, business, customer service or communications department is encouraged
This is an unpaid internship reporting to the Manager, Group Sales.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing interest to:
Oklahoma City Thunder
211 N. Robinson Ave, Suite 300
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Fax: (405) 208-4777
Please reference the Internship Title in your correspondence.