Important Information Regarding the NBA Lockout
As you may be aware, the National Basketball Association and the National Basketball Players Association were working under a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) that expired on June 30, 2011.
The league’s efforts are focused on reaching an agreement that is in the best interests of the fans, teams, players and the game. The goal is to find a sustainable business model that enables all 30 teams to compete for a championship, fairly compensates players and ensures a world-class experience for fans.
As a result, and with the possibility that games may be lost if the 2011-12 season is shortened or not played, the NBA and the Thunder have established the following options regarding payments made by our valued Season Ticket Members. No matter which option you choose, you will NOT have to pay for any games that are not played.
Option One: Thunder Season Ticket Member Credit
* You will be provided the opportunity to keep money on your account and will accrue a 5% credit - in the form of interest.
* Thunder credit will begin to accrue after the first scheduled home game is missed. The total credit will be based on the number of missed games should an agreement not be reached.
* Ticket payments and credit accrued will be applied toward your 2012-13 season ticket account.
* Thunder credit will only be issued if your account is compliant with your agreed-upon payment plan.
Option Two: Ticket Refund and Interest Plan
* Refund checks for home games not played will be issued within 10 days at the end of each month for those games canceled.
* Refund checks will also include simple interest, calculated at an annual rate of 1% based on total funds on deposit.
* Interest will begin to accrue on October 1, 2011 if an agreement is not reached.
* Interest will only be issued if your account is compliant with your agreed-upon payment plan.
Please keep in mind, no action is necessary at this time. We will communicate with you at a later date regarding these options and ask you to declare your preferred choice.
Regardless of which option you select, provided your account is in good standing, your seat location and priority number will remain intact. Should you have questions about these options, please call your Account Manager.
Thanks for your continued and loyal support of the Oklahoma City Thunder!