The Oklahoma City Thunder is searching for a Broadcast Producer to join the team. This full-time position is responsible for producing all Thunder NBA game broadcast plus Thunder Live pre-game, half-time and post- game shows, along with content on the Thunder website and other broadcast and digital platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Live” game producer for all team produced broadcasts
- Responsible for creative execution of the television game broadcasts including pre-game, half-time and post-game, feature segments, community service segments, sponsor related elements, etc.
- Report to and work with the team’s Executive Producer to coordinate all studio and other productions and staff which may be involved in event coverage or original programs.
- Coordinate with production staff at FOX Sports Oklahoma, and when necessary NBA, TNT, ESPN, Cumulus radio and other broadcast partners
- Develop game format to include commercial timing, pre-production, interviews and sponsor elements
- Work with talent on a daily basis on their performance and to determine storylines and scheduling
- Ability to work with Vice President of Corporate Communications, Executive Producer and Basketball
- Communications to determine messaging and adhere to team philosophy
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Television Production or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a live NBA game producer, including experience producing sports features and elements
- Possess strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience in working with on-air talent and production crews
- Proven strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with team partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of NBA Basketball
- Have solid writing skills and creative storytelling ability
- Hands on non-linear Final Cut Pro edit skills required
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Be detail-oriented and use good judgment in decision making
- Handle problems and customers in an efficient and courteous manner
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Executive Producer and Director, Television Game Broadcasts.
Quailified Candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing interest to:
Human Resources Oklahoma City Thunder
208 Thunder Drive Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Fax: (405) 208-4777
Please reference the Job Title in your correspondence.