The Golden State Warriors announced today the launch of #GSWCountdown, in which the team’s players, coaches, ambassadors and staff will actively engage the Bay Area community with 30 events in 30 days leading up to the 2012-13 season opener on October 31. Every day from October 1 to October 31, in an effort to build excitement for the upcoming season, members of the Warriors’ organization will be in the community giving away free items, tickets and memorabilia; making radio and TV appearances; and hosting #GSWCountdown social media contests in which fans can win unique prizes.
As part of the campaign, the team members will be wearing and distributing special #GSWCountdown t-shirts at events throughout the Bay Area. The limited edition t-shirts given away each day will correspond with the number of days left until the regular-season begins on October 31 in Phoenix, where the Warriors will face the Phoenix Suns. To help tip-off the campaign, Warriors General Manager Bob Myers wore a #30 #GSWCountdown t-shirt earlier today while giving out game tickets and t-shirts at the Oakland City Center BART station. A majority of the 30 events taking place over the next 30 days will not be pre-publicized to ensure that members of the Bay Area community will be surprised by random acts of kindness and visits from the Warriors while going about their everyday lives.
A sampling of the 30 events taking place over the next 30 days as part of #GSWCountdown include:
- 3rd Annual Tweedia Day - Beginning at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, October 1 on Warriors.com, Tweedia Day will feature live streaming coverage of the team’s annual Media Day, in which players will answer questions from fans, take over the team’s social media accounts, and much more
- SF Cable Car Ride - Fans in downtown San Francisco will have the opportunity to interact with Warriors players onboard a San Francisco Cable Car trolley and also have a chance to receive Warriors merchandise and tickets as they head up and down Market Street and the Embarcadero
- Take Me To The Movies - Warriors players will show up unannounced at Bay Area movie theaters and purchase tickets for lucky movie-goers
- A Game of HORSE with a Warriors Player - Through a Warriors Twitter contest, fans will have the opportunity to play a game of HORSE with a Warriors player at a random court in the Bay Area
- Ferry Ride - Warriors players will ride across the San Francisco Bay from San Francisco to Oakland on a Ferry handing out tickets and Warriors merchandise to those aboard
- Fan Rally - As a lead up to the home opener, the Warriors will also host a fan rally in the Oakland City Center in late October
Give-a-ways throughout #GSWCountdown include the opportunity to attend a Warriors practice, autographed memorabilia, Warriors merchandise, game tickets, Luxury Suite tickets, and more. In addition to the above events, fans may even see players, coaches and ambassadors on Caltrain & BART, at airports, in neighborhood coffee shops or grocery stores, or even just walking downtown giving away items. To keep up with #GSWCountdown over the next 30 days, fans can follow @warriors on Twitter and visit Warriors.com for updated information
Dates for individual give-a-ways are not available to the public. Just keep an eye out for Warriors in your neighborhood!
Media wishing to cover any #GSWCountdown events should contact Warriors PR