Kings Win Tiebreaker With Nets
The NBA announced Friday that the seven ties among teams that finished the 2011-12 NBA regular season with identical records were broken through random drawings to help determine the order of selection for the 2012 NBA Draft.
Exciting news for Sacramento is that the Kings now have the fifth-best chance of winning the Lottery, which will be held on Wednesday, May 30.
Following is a look at the results:
- Cleveland (21-45) won a tiebreaker with New Orleans.
- Sacramento (22-44) won a tiebreaker with New Jersey.
- Golden State (23-43) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
- New York (36-30) won a tiebreaker with Dallas; and Dallas won a tiebreaker with Utah.
- L.A. Clippers (40-26) won a tiebreaker with Atlanta.
- L.A. Lakers (41-25) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.
- Chicago (50-16) won a tiebreaker with San Antonio.
The first three picks in the Draft will be determined by the Lottery and the remaining top 11 teams will select in positions 4 through 14 in inverse order of their standings at the end of the regular season.
Below is the order of selection for the 2012 NBA Draft, as well as the number of chances for teams in the Lottery.
|TEAM||RECORD||LOTTERY CHANCES (out of 1,000)|
|Minnesota (To Hornets via Clippers)||26-40||11|
Order for the remainder of First-Round picks is as follows
|16.||New York (To Houston)||36-30|
|18.||Utah (To Minnesota)||36-30|
|22.||LA Clippers (To Boston via OKC)||40-26|
|24.||LA Lakers (To Cleveland)||41-25|
|30.||San Antonio (To Golden State)||50-16|
* This pick may be conveyed to Portland.
# This pick may be conveyed to Utah via New Jersey.
2012 SECOND-ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER
|33/34.||New Orleans (To Cleveland via Miami)|
|35/36.||New Jersey (To Golden State)|
|37/38.||Golden State (To Denver via New York)|
|40.||Minnesota (To Portland via Houston)|
|43.||Phoenix (To Atlanta)|
|44.||Houston (To Detroit)|
|46.||Dallas (To Washington)|
|52.||Atlanta (To Golden State)|
|54.||Memphis (To Philadelphia)|
|55.||LA Lakers (To Dallas)|
|56.||Indiana (To Toronto)|
|57.||Miami (To New Jersey)|
|58.||Oklahoma City (To Minnesota)|
|60.||Chicago (To New Jersey via Milwaukee or to LA Lakers via New Jersey and Milwaukee)|
* Please note that teams that finished the regular season with identical records will select in the second round in the reverse of the order in which they select in the first round, provided, that if more than two teams are tied, then, as among the tied teams, each tied team will select one position earlier than it selected in the first round, except that the tied team that selected earliest in the first round shall, among the tied teams, select latest in the second round. With respect to the ties between Cleveland and New Orleans (21 and 45); New Jersey and Sacramento (22 and 44); and Golden State and Toronto (23 and 43): since the order of selection in the first round for this set of teams may change based on the results of the Draft Lottery, the order of selection in the second round cannot be determined until after the Draft Lottery is conducted.