Kings Support Center DeMarcus Cousins in His #VoteDMC Campaign
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The Sacramento Kings are supporting DeMarcus Cousins’ #VoteDMC campaign to generate votes to send the center to the NBA All-Star Game. The Kings are creating promotions to run in-game, in-broadcast, on social media, and through emails to fans and ticket holders. The campaign features #VoteDMC artwork in the style of the logo of the legendary hip hop group, Run DMC. All-Star voting concludes on January 20, 2014.
“DeMarcus is one of the most talented big men in the NBA. There was never a doubt in my mind that he was going to be the foundation of this franchise moving forward. He absolutely deserves a spot on the All-Star team,” said Kings Owner Vivek Ranadivé. “He’s our team leader, and we’re fully committed to supporting him. We encourage our fans here and abroad to #VoteDMC.”
The Kings are shooting video vignettes that will run in-game and on social media featuring local Sacramento celebrities endorsing DeMarcus. The Kings sent out the first spot to the media earlier today featuring Kings President and COO Chris Granger.
“We have the best fans in sports,” said Granger. “The larger markets might beat us in sheer size, but not in determination. We encourage our fans to vote early and vote often for DeMarcus, Greivis and Isaiah. Let’s show the NBA we belong by sending our players to represent us in the All-Star Game.”
Kings fans can vote for players in a number of ways.
- Text the player’s last name to 69622.
- Tweet the player’s first and last name and include #nbaballot.
- Visit nba.com/asb and the NBA Game Time app to vote for several players at once.
- Post any photo on Instagram and include the player’s first and last name with #nbaballot in the caption with an explanation of why the player should be on the team.
- Comment on an official NBA All-Star Facebook post including the player’s first and last name with #nbaballot and a short explanation of why the player should be on the team.