Suns Summer Schedule is Set
A fresh start for the Phoenix Suns will begin on July 15, when the young players assembled take the court for their first game of the 2012 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas against the New York Knicks.
The “Summer Suns” roster is expected to be headlined by second-year power forward Markieff Morris and the team’s upcoming 13th overall pick from this year’s NBA Draft, which takes place on June 28.
Suns assistant coach Dan Majerle will once again coach the summer squad, just like he did in 2008, '09 and '10.
The league released the 2012 schedule on Thursday, and noted that a record 24 teams will be competing in a 60-game schedule from July 13-22 at the Thomas & Mack Center and the COX Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
The summer league will showcase 13 of the top 14 picks in this year’s NBA Draft.
NBA TV will televise all 60 games, including 39 live from both the Thomas & Mack Center and COX Pavilion. Games will also be available on digital platforms. Complete broadcast information will be released at a later date. Here is what the Suns’ complete summer league schedule looks like (schedule subject to change, all times are Pacific):
- Sunday, July 15 - New York vs. Phoenix, 1 p.m. at COX Pavilion
- Tuesday, July 17 – Cleveland vs. Phoenix, 5:30 p.m. at Thomas & Mack Center
- Wednesday, July 18 – New Orleans vs. Phoenix, 5:30 p.m. at Thomas & Mack Center
- Friday, July 20 – NBA D-League vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m. at COX Pavilion
- Saturday, July 21 – Memphis vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m. at COX Pavilion