Now Hiring: Utility Engineer
The Utility Engineer will be a professional, outgoing, highly motivated individual who will play a critical role in maintaining the US Airways Center. The ideal candidate will possess hands on working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting and HVAC systems. A key function will be lighting controls event coverage and a valid Arizona driver’s license is required. This position involves dealing with high pressure situations in a calm and courteous manner. Work schedule is typically 2:00pm to 10:30pm but flexibility (varying events, including nights and weekends) is required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Performing general & preventative maintenance functions of varying types in a large facility
- Working all events according to event schedule which includes staffing the engineering control room while operating and monitoring all building lighting, mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems
- Logging and maintaining records for all calls as well as responding to and correcting problems within the facility as they are called in – this could include anything from a plugged toilet, burned out light, to a major flood or electrical outage etc.
- Properly shutting down the building once an event has concluded
- Proficient in use of computer, Microsoft office programs and many other maintenance duties as assigned
- Working knowledge in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, painting
- No physical restrictions, Ability to climb ladders, lifting up to 75 lbs
- Five years’ experience in a major trade is preferred
Click on the following link to apply online: http://nbateamjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=50155
Sports & Entertainment Services are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V