Now Hiring: Security Coordinator (SES)
Posted: October 14, 2013
Sports & Entertainment Services is the management company for the facilities that host the following teams: Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Arizona Rattlers.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Security Coordinator. As a member of the security department, you will help provide a safe environment for our guests, employees and vendors at all times. You will be responsible for enforcing arena policy and procedures while delivering a high level of customer service. This position reports to the Director of Security and will have supervisory responsibilities to our event staff.
- Monthly staffing & scheduling of security event staff
- Maintain department database and employee files on security officer staff.
- Maintain incident report database and prepare incident reports.
- Maintain department website to include daily updates, monthly calendars and schedule information.
- Maintain and manage uniform inventory
- Assist with payroll and timekeeping procedures as needed.
- Distribute and maintain ID badge database
- Manage and oversee events and staff to include: position assignments, pre event safety inspections, briefings, incident response, respond to and resolve guest incidents/concerns, provide billing estimates and final bills for events, and acts as liaison with Phoenix Police, Phoenix Fire, contracted medical and ambulance providers, concert tour security staff and other security partners.
- Assist with security staff performance evaluations and prepare disciplinary letters and track infractions as needed.
- Assist with hiring selection process and training of new and current staff.
- Assist with maintaining safety awareness, reporting and liability claims.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Five years security experience
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and a basic understanding with PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be able to work varied hours and days to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work extended hours (12 to 16) in a single day due to event needs.
- Must be able to stand, walk and navigate stairs for extended periods.
Internal candidates must submit an Internal Interest form to Human Resources: Dianne Tillman, email@example.com