Now Hiring: Sales and Research Assistant
Position Overview: The Sales and Research Assistant is designed for applicants who are interested in pursuing a career in professional sports, with an emphasis on sponsorship sales and research. The Marketing Partnerships department generates revenue for the organization by developing long-term advertising relationships for the Suns and the Mercury inclusive of media, signage, promotions, digital, print, suites, tickets and all other Team marketing assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect and canvas local and national businesses for partnership/sponsorship opportunities
- Conduct competitive analysis of other area sporting teams in regards to sponsorships
- Provide daily news clips on all Partners
- Assist in compiling relevant data for monthly partner e-newsletter
- Observe Sponsorship Representatives in client meetings
- Research and prospect potential partners
- Participate in community relations programs, hospitality parties and special events as assigned
- Assist in drafting PowerPoint presentations and maintain contact database, spreadsheets, etc.
- Assist in planning and implementing Sponsor events such as networking events, annual Gala, team meet & greet, etc
- Assist in designing, preparing and presenting comprehensive reports for each sponsor detailing and highlighting all elements included in their agreement as well as any additional exposure received throughout the season.
- Capture game photos – signage, events, giveaways, game night promotions, etc.
- Assist as requested in other departmental areas and special projects as assigned
- Support research, surveys and qualitative/quantitative reporting
- Manage research and associated vendors
- Turnkey, Navigate, Scarborough, Nielsen, Repucom, Revolution, etc.
- Partner Engagement: Internal / External Communication
- Assist in the generation of partner case studies
- Proof of performance, proposal inclusion, best practices, etc.
- Generation of “one-sheet recaps” within one week of promotional period
- Share with partners, leadership, and the league
- Generation of monthly Marketing Partnerships newsletter to be shared with partners and prospects
- Trends, topics, best practices, upcoming events and monthly “partner profile”
- Ratings communication to leadership
- BA/BS (Business, Marketing, Communications preferred but related experience will be considered)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Research skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and outside events as needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective telephone and organizational skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations
- Commitment to highest level of service
Please click on the following link to apply: http://nbateamjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=57540
Suns Legacy Partners are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V