Kevin Johnson Trivia
Answers at bottom of page
1. What Major League Baseball team selected Kevin Johnson in the 1986 MLB Draft?
A) San Francisco Giants
B) Oakland A's
C) Arizona Diamondbacks
D) San Diego Padres
2. KJ established an NBA Finals record for most minutes played in a single game with how many against the Chicago Bulls in Game 3 of the 1993 NBA Finals?
3. What season did KJ win the NBA Most Improved Player Award, averaging 20.4 points per game and 12.2 assists?
4. KJ was selected seventh overall in 1987 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. What school did he attend?
A) Cal-State Fullerton
D) Fresno State
5. What former Cavs' player started ahead of Johnson at point guard at the beginning of KJ's career?
A) Ron Harper
B) Mark Price
C) Terrell Brandon
D) Craig Ehlo
6. How many All-Star appearances did KJ make?
7. KJ is the Suns' franchise leader in three different categories. Which of the following is he NOT the Suns' career leader?
A) Free Throws Made
B) Free Throws Attempted
8. KJ set the club record for most assists in a single game against the San Antonio Spurs on April 6, 1994. How many assists did he dish out?
9. Who are the only two Suns players who scored more than KJ's 12,747 career points?
A) Walter Davis and Alvan Adams
B) Walter Davis and Dick Van Arsdale
C) Alvan Adams and Dick Van Arsdale
D) Alvan Adams and Paul Westphal
10. During the summer of what year did Kevin Johnson play for United States' Dream Team squad at the World Championships?
11. How many seasons did KJ reach the playoffs with the Suns?
12. What is the name of Kevin Johnson's academy that he founded in Sacramento that benefits youth by providing educational, cultural and spiritual opportunities?
A) No. 7 Academy
B) St. Hope Academy
C) The Kevin Johnson Academy
D) The Caring Academy
13. What former President chose KJ as one of the "1,000 Points of Light" for his community service?
A) Ronald Reagan
B) George Bush
C) Bill Clinton
D) George Washington
14. KJ teamed up with Tom Chambers to help the Suns to the third biggest turnaround in league history at the time, from just 28 wins in 1987-88 to how many 1988-89?
15. Which member of the Phoenix Suns organization initially called Kevin Johnson in an effort to persuade him to come out of retirement after guard Jason Kidd broke his ankle on March 22, 2000?
A) Senior Vice President Cotton Fitzsimmons
B) Chairman and CEO Jerry Colangelo
C) Play-by-Play "Voice of the Phoenix Suns" Al McCoy
D) Former Athletic Trainer Joe Proski
16. What common child ailment did Kevin Johnson suffer through during the 1993-94 season?
C) Chicken Pox
D) Whooping Cough
17. During the 1996-97 season the Suns unveiled a four-guard rotation that included KJ. Which of the following guards was not part of that "Small Ball" rotation?
A) Wesley Person
B) Elliot Perry
C) Jason Kidd
D) Rex Chapman
18. KJ became the first Pac-10 guard to do what?
A) Record a triple-double in a game
B) Record 20 assists in a game
C) Record 10 steals in a game
D) Average a double-double for a season
19. Kevin Johnson recorded three consecutive seasons of 20-plus points and 10-plus assists from 1988-91, becoming one of only five NBA players to achieve that feat (Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Isiah Thomas, and Nate "Tiny" Archibald). Name the only current NBA player who has ever averaged 20 points and 10 assists over the course of a season?
A) John Stockton
B) Gary Payton
C) Jason Kidd
D) Tim Hardaway
20. What jersey number did Kevin Johnson wear during his rookie season?
ANSWERS: 1) B 2) D 3) B 4) C 5) B 6) B 7) C 8) B 9) A 10) C 11) C 12) B 13) B 14) C 15) A 16) C 17) B 18) A 19) D 20) A